Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Vicky

I would recommend Grand Canaria, specifically the resort of Puerto Rico. :D Have a look at some stats on http://www.wunderground.com
Yes, I agree with totp. The Mogan region of Gran Canaria, which includes Puerto Rico is reputedly the hottest, driest region of the Canaries. I have been there often in the winter months and it rarely fails to reach the mid to high twenties during the middle of the day if it is sunny. During the summer months it usually passes the 30c mark with ease. If I was looking for the hottest, driest weather this is where I would head for.
:D When we were in gran canaria in october, the weather was gorgeous. around 32c every day, it was hotter than it had been in Lanzarote, June/July the previous year.Regards, BBB.
i agree with both Cyberhiker and BBB, we stay in the Mogan area of GC and the weather has always been hot no matter what time of year. We had reasonable weather in Tenerife every trip and we have found Lanza to be very hit and miss at any time of the year..
I live in Gran canaria and the weather is definitely hotter in the Mogan areas, then slightly cooler in Puerto Rico and less in Playa del Ingles but its still only the odd cloud that is making the difference and its only a degree. North of the island is always about 8-10 degrees different - cooler.
August on GC can hit the late 40's and then September will be slightly cooler and the again for October.
Hi

which resort would be nicer 2 visit in early October for 2 ladies in their 60's who are recently widowed please
Hi Olive026

I really like Tenerife, I think most of the island is fantastic and would be great for a break as per your comments.

Los Gigantes I particularly love.

G
Olive , I'm going to be biased and suggest Lanzarote as I've been going there a few years on the trot , I always go to Playa Blanca and it's the quietest of the main resorts , but would suggest Puerto del Carmen on the basis that my mum and her 2 sisters went there a few years ago when in their late 60s and really liked the Old Town , my mum doesn't like very hot weather even though October there is very pleasant and warm , one of my aunties only eats " English food " and the other auntie is more used to upmarket dining , and they all enjoyed their time there very much and found great dining and entertainment in the evenings , enough shops to look round and varying activities to do other than relaxing round the pool,.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.