there was talk of it being a wing flap fault,

Goodness, I didn't realise they had to flap their wings :really
botany bay wrote:
jhe wrote:

there was talk of it being a wing flap fault,

Goodness, I didn't realise they had to flap their wings :really

there you go they were probably feeding us more tripe LOL
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Also, did they pay for your stay in the Hilton and give you food vouchers?

Worth noting that you are still legally entitled to compensation even if the airline put you up in a hotel and provide food / refreshments.

Don't be put off by airlines making it hard, stick with it and pursue your claim that is your legal rights.

Yeah I mentioned that we had accommodation, food and drink paid for plus we received compensation. I was asking Vegasone to find out if she paid for the accommodation as she maybe able to claim if not.
No I never paid for anything but I am still seeking compo
We are trying to claim for a trip booked through Thomas Cook last year but Thomas Cook used a Tunisian airline. They are both denying the responsibility is theirs. Do we make a claim against Thomas Cook or the Tunisian Airline? It was an AI holiday booked with TC.
BrenLiz wrote:
We are trying to claim for a trip booked through Thomas Cook last year but Thomas Cook used a Tunisian airline. They are both denying the responsibility is theirs. Do we make a claim against Thomas Cook or the Tunisian Airline? It was an AI holiday booked with TC.

The claim is always against the operating carrier, although if you contact Thomas Cook about it they will contact airline.
Were you flying to/from Tunisia? If so, if the delay was outbound from the UK you are entitled to try to claim. If it was inbound you're no, because the flight wasn't operating from an EU member state and the carrier wasn't a community carrier (ie an airline from an EU member state).
Thanks Sunaddict, I did try to claim through TC but will now be a bit more forceful with the carrier. Will let you know the eventual outcome although I suspect it will take some time.
They are all just denying claims as a matter of course.

There is a massive appeal case pending based on the exception regarding Technical fault.

Once resolved if it goes against the airlines they are up for millions.

I decided to go down the claims management route and do not mind paying a portion of my compensation for their expertise.

One case pending from September and now after my two Goa delays another two on the way.
Have a feeling that eventually all these claims will be successful, even going back God knows how many years.........

But if that happens, the problem will be solved once and for all.

The UK enjoys, and has done for decades. holiday flight prices much cheaper than almost anywhere in the world.

And "cheap" has always come at a price.

If we expect "scheduled" reliability at charter prices, we are living in cloud-cuckoo land. Special offers aside, pre-booked to suit your dates scheduled prices are. and have been for some time, in the 5-600 pounds bracket or more, flight only, and with the benefit of multi-destination, hub type cost savings ~(Parrikar's latest dream for Goa*), this is subsidising them.

So take a charter, with accommodation, with transfers if you choose to use them............... and add in serious financial penalties for delays?

Hope you are all braced for a four figure sum for a standard tweeker holiday, or, like I started with, the problem will sort itself. No more charters to Goa.

* For the serious tweekers, Parrikar is Goa's chief minister, a sort of regional PM, a bit like Cameron

Better add, in these days of kick the cr*p out of those with an opinion, this is simply my take on the developing situation. If you doubt the veracity of this, look at most insurances in the UK, the proliferation of "claim for everything" shops on the high street, etc
No more charters to Goa.

and not just Goa!
Sunaddict wrote:
No more charters to Goa.

and not just Goa!

Fully agree.................. but this is a Goa forum so kept it focussed :)

Also, long-haul budget destinations are more vulnerable to this situation.
botany bay wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
No more charters to Goa.

and not just Goa!

Ahem, we'll moderate the forum thank you ;) :tup
Glynis HT Admin wrote:

Ahem, we'll moderate the forum thank you ;) :tup

"so kept it focussed" was attempt at clarification

"so keep it focussed" would have been an attempt at moderation............. surely? :think
Sunaddict wrote:
BrenLiz wrote:

The claim is always against the operating carrier, although if you contact Thomas Cook about it they will contact airline.
Were you flying to/from Tunisia? If so, if the delay was outbound from the UK you are entitled to try to claim. If it was inbound you're no, because the flight wasn't operating from an EU member state and the carrier wasn't a community carrier (ie an airline from an EU member state).

It may be that TC wet or dry leased the aircraft from the Tunisian airline especially as this was a charter flight. The flight number and date would assist in checking whether this is indeed the case. If so then the OP may well be entitled to compensation for delay.
I have had 2 emails from them they are refusing to deal with it as it was in 2007
vegasone wrote:
I have had 2 emails from them they are refusing to deal with it as it was in 2007

The airline is correct, you have 6 years from the date of delay to commence a legal claim.
vegasone wrote:

It was mentioned up thread that there was a statute of limitations on this, that is why they are refusing to deal with it.
Thomas Cook seem to have had tremendous problems with their Sunday flights out of Manchester in the last month.
Not only was the 2nd March delayed by 24 hours (as per original post) but the (I think it was) 16th march was delayed by 27 hours. Passengers were put up at the Britannia Hotel.

We were incredibly lucky in that our Wednesday flight out on 5/3 and our return on 27/3 were both on time - well, the return flight took off 75 minutes late but landed 15 minutes late.
THAT delay was due to the outbound flight having to stop off in Larnaca due to a technical problem.

I wonder if this is the same plane that is causing all these problems.
We flew out and back on the ex-BMI A330 which is configured 2-4-2 and I understand this is going to Gatwick for the new season.
It was quite nice although we felt the seats were a bit hard.
IFE was great, movies on demand.

Feel really sorry for everybody who had really long delays, especially those who got caught by delays both outbound & inbound.
We spoke to a couple who had the 27 hour delay and they were only going for a week.
We flewback from Goa on the delayed flight on that plane. Great entertainment system but yes very uncomfortable seats.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.