Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
House boat
5 Posts
My daugther,OH and 2 friends went on which was supposed to be a 2 day trip, they got on the boat just before the bridge at morjim at 4.30pm had a trip up and down the river had dinner, which they said had been brought on board not cooked in the gally, moored up along the river where they had started, in the morning were given a small breakfast one more trip up and down the river again same way and moored at 12pm next day not worth the money, might aswell have gone to a good hotel for the night :duh
Hi,
We have been on both John's and Day Trippers house boats.
The Day Tripper one has 4 double bedrooms and the food is cooked on board.
The Day Tripper is much better than the John's Boat trip one.
If you book through your travel rep then this is usually the Day Tripper one.
We have just got back from Goa on Friday and done the houseboat cruise with Melo Tours, fantastic. Got on the boat about 3.30 and was the only ones on board for the cruise. High tea was served, sandwiches and tea/coffee. We set sail about 4.30 down to Panjim (picked the boat up near the bridge over to Panjim) to watch the sunset this must have been around 2 hours. Sailed back up the river and moored for the night. Dinner was served and there must have been around 30 dishes all cooked on board. After dinner we had a few drinks and went to bed. Breakfast was served at 7.30, eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans, toast and jam. We then set sail in land and up the back waters very slowly taking about 3.5 hours (I did snooze off at one time!) once we had reached the point of turning around lunch was served this consisted of around 20 different dishes, all cooked on board. The return journey was at a faster pace but all in all it was a fantastic trip. I would recommend you take plenty of mossie repelant and coils to burn in your cabin as the "windows" do not contain glass or screens just an empty hole. Just to mention all the food was in the price but drinks were extra.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.