Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
rougly 50 miles...but will take around 1 and a half hours
is that all? i thought they were literally both at different ends of the island?
They are at opposite ends of the island,

but there is so much choice on the island you dont have to travel all the way to kavos for a good night out but if thats what your after why not just stay in kavos? :?:
cheers

just wondering in case we fancied a night out somewhere else one night.. we are staying in sidari, 7 20-23 year olds.. We are a little aprehensive that sidari doesnt have much of a nightlife, is this true?
i'd stay in sidari to be honest, kavos may have morenightlife, but it also has more hassle, and it's a kip. i'm not surewhat you look for from a holiday. but any hassle ruins my holiday....if you are going anyway, just take it easy
Bearing mind that Corfu is having a very quiet summer thanks mainly to the repercussions of all inclusive holidays, and programme cut backs by the big T/O's. Kavos is not going to be as busy as usual. Many places have not even opened yet, and may well just not open.
oh i see. so it is quiet in corfu this year?

what sort of nightlife does sidari have compared with kavos?
how far is it in a taxi? how much would it cost?

Nibbs :)
i mean how far is agios georgios north to sidari?? in a taxi

sidari is meant to have amazing nightlife!! caesars is a good place to go!
sidari is a horrendous place, not 'fabulous nightlife'. it is truely depressing.
How far is it to Kavos from Sidari? - Not far enough.
As someone else said - don't know why you didn't book to stay in kavos?
sorry about the un-called for remarks, as no one else has answered you i have taken a look at the map of corfu and i would say 75 KM..

wizard
You are right wizard it is about 80kms. I didnt answer as the person who said 50 miles was more or less right, it is nearer 2 hours drive in summer when roads are busier.

I dont understand the remarks. It is horses for courses lots of young people have a great and wild time in Kavos, and that is what they were looking for. Sidari also has good night life though caters more to young couples than large groups of young singles. Lots of music bars and clubs. Great sandy beach and watersports for the day time.

The point being do your research BEFORE you book to make sure which is the right place for you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.