Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
hope you have a nice holiday jim, we are on that stretch in august and cant wait, we love the stroll between santa s and malgrat and resting up at various waterholes, can you give a heads up on the bars that are still open when you get back please jim, many thanks in advance, and enjoy your self :cheers
hi bootle,
where are you staying when you go?
i can tell you that the rovers return in "bar street" is now a spanish bar called Sucre, or something similar, and did not appear to be doing very much at all last year.
legends bar has now closed and is up for sale which is a shame as gary was a good host and the food, especially the breakfast, was excellent.
all bar street pubs last year had a hard time throughout the season and i would not be at all surprised if some more of them folded this year.
will spend much of my drinking time in the eureka,as normal, and also the crown and anchor. i never used to like that bar, but spent a fair bit of time in it last year and it was very enjoyable.
hola jim, we are staying in the thalassa, we enjoy the ship below as a last port of call before retiring to the balcony, shame about legends and rovers, cant remember the eureka or crown and anchor, did used to go in a dutch pub called the railway ?? i think, that was opposite the ship, did'nt even know the drunken duck existed till you mentioned it, so hoping that is still open as it looks a little livlier, what is malgrat centre like for entertainment and beverages, kids are older now , so can venture out a bit more, take care ..
jay :cheers
the drunken duck, and the drunken duckling are both open and doing well. the ship, i believe, is now owned by the same family that own the eureka and the black bull in bar street in malgrat. i have used there in the past, but prefer to go over the main road as there is a wider selection of bars.
see my post in the legends topic for more info.
went to the crown and anchor, on the rosa nuatica roundabout in malgrat, for breakfast on arrival and it was good value for money.
there is also a great bar called costa at the bottom of bar street, it is hidden behind the big shop on the corner. it opens late and caters for all nationalities, and the locals use it. had many great nights in there.
hola jim,
while wandering about did you happen to notice any hostelries offering Menú del Día or todays special, manty thanks,
jay,
bootle,
one worth visiting is called pica pica, just past the eureka bar which does a plate of the day at lunchtime for €1!
2 plates, plus bread and salad plus home made aioli and drinks came to less than €10.
every time you buy a drink they come round with some home made tapas as well.
the owners do not speak much english, but it is used a lot by the locals and is worth a visit.
there is also a good local restaurant on the opposite corner to the eureka.cant recall the name.
don't know too much about specials at night time as i did not eat out at night.
i am sure you know that if you walk along the beach side of the railway there are loads of restaurants who do offer meal of the day.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.