Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Fiona,

We were last in Hua Hin in March, at the Centara (ex Sofitel).

Favourite restaurant - Orchids. Past the Hilton, round LH bend along seafront, on LH side not far down.

Others worthy of note:

Bam Bam - still good (Poonsuk Road)

Chilli Bird - Night Market

Palm Bistro - way out on Soi 88 - worth a trip for Thai food but also a good Western selection, should you get desperate. Beware, many Tuk Tuks do not know where it is. It is at Orchid Palm Homes, 1043 Rd, Thap Tai, Hua Hin.

Cheers

Peter
Thanks Pete :)
It's the Centara we are going to. Was there 4 years ago- when it was the Sofitel of course. Not sure about Western food but will have a look out for the other two. Chilli bird rings a bell
Hi again Fiona,

The Centara has definitely changed subtly from being a Sofitel. We still enjoy it, please don't get me wrong, but it seems to lack that more refined edge that it had as a Sofitel.

Other things have also changed slightly. The Club seems busier and, once again, differs from the Sofitel experience. See http://www.centarahotelsresorts.com/package/TheClubHuaHin.html.

Note that the "Evening Cordial Service" actually refers to a substantial "night cap" (or three) - don't be put off by the word "Cordial".

When are you going?

Enjoy (We envy you). Our next trip is to Fuerteventura with 2 of our grandchildren in July - not quite the same.

;) Peter
When we last went we didn't do the Club so wont be able to compare. just did Club at the Sofitel at Mumbai and it was fabulous. We go in July after a trip to Siem Reap. There does seem to be a lot of benefits for the Club throughout the day. :) I am hoping that as it isn't high season the Club won't be quite as busy. We definitely would be making use of the free soft drinks during the day. I just didn't want to pay the prices they wanted the last time. We just used to disappear up to our room.
I am sure you will love being away with your grandchildren. They are very lucky :)
Tried Orchids last night. Loved it. Thanks for the recommendation Pete. Tried to go the other night but it was packed.
Glad you enjoyed it Fiona. We have been going there for several years now and have never been let down.

Enjoy your break! :tup

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.