Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Thanks Pippy, I had looked there already but the reviews for the hotel I like the look of are VERY old so not much help to me really. I am just hoping that someone has been there more recently or maybe even another hotel that they can suggest to us as we have never been before.
Thanks
Jill
Hi Jilly,

I've been to both and as long as it is not much more expensive I would definitely say the Bavaro is nicer. The rooms are nicer, you get to choose nicer al a carte restaurants. The only thing the Dominicana has is a fabulous ice cream bar but if you stay at the bavaro you can use all the facilities at the Dominicana and Punta Cana, but you can't use the facilites at the bavaro if you stay at the Dominicana.

Loved the Bavaro.
Ahhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooooooo. We have just booked the Dominicana!!! Oh well, never mind. Is it nice though?

Thanks Jill x
I had no complaints about the Dominicana - we even got an upgrade to rooms on the Bavaro side as we were repeat guests (which are in blocks of 6 rooms - the Dominican has large hotel like blocks which could be nosier).

I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time. We went to the Dominicana because at the time it was quite a lot more to go to the bavaro again and didn't think the price difference was worth it. Please have vast quantities of the wonderful rum and raisin ice cream for me please!
Thanks for putting my mind at rest. Don't worry I will have lots of ice cream just for you ;) Jill x and then another portion for me! and another for anyone else who wants me to have one for them!!
Yes please Jill have a portion for me too, or several if you wish, its to die for. I have another 6 weeks before I can get some of my favourite ice cream MMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Angie
Hi Angie,
Are you going to the Dominicana in 6 weeks? Maybe if you are you could suggest some trips that we might like when we go. Jillx
We are going to the Iberostar Costa Dorada north coast.

Trips to do which is a must is this:-http://www.outbacksafari.com.do/eastcoast.html

Have a look at some of these trips also, but dont bother about the prices on this site as you will get cheaper when you get there.http://www.viator.com/Punta-Cana/d794-ttd

Angie.
Thanks Angie, I will have a look at the site now. Hope you have a great time, you will have to pop back on and tell me all about it. We weren't sure which coast to choose so just went for the busiest one, we can always try the North next year lol(i wish). Thanks again for the trips, any other tips will be appreciated as we have never been to the Dominican before, we usually go to Florida but felt like a change this year. Bit worried about the crime rate now though! Jill x
The crime rate have never encounted it, all you have to do is be wary out and about(just like you would at home really) and not to wear any good jewellary and flash it about when on any tours or out buying souveniers and that goes for your cash also. I have found the Dominican very safe, we have been going now every year for the past 6 years.Absolutely love the island.
You will love the Iberostar chain of resorts, we dont use any other in Caribbean. The staff are so friendly and cant do enough for you to make your holiday go just right.

Angie.
Hi Gill,
Just thought I would give you this link also then you can see the layout of the area included are the shopping plazas, you might find it helpful.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/304320/photo191.html

And here is a resort map for you as well, giving you the layout of the resort.

http://www.dresseldivers.com/en/images/puntacana/mapa%20punta%20cana.jpg

If I think of anything else i will post it for you.

Angie. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.