Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Thanks will try this nearer to date 9weeks 6 days and counting
Enjoy your holiday :cheers
Thanks for that :wave:
Five weeks until we go - have emailed them regarding a quiet room. Someone advised me to try for Block 7 or 8 with a non pool view 8-)
I got a reply :tup

Thank you for your kind e-mail and choosing our hotel Iberostar Costa Dorada for your well deserved holidays . With regards to your room request, I kindly inform you that we will do our very best to accommodate this request for you, however as you would understand this is dependent on availability on your arrival. We will keep the note and will work on it in order to allocate you as you have requested

Please do not hesitate to contact us again with any queries. We look forward to seeing you here having a wonderful time!

Sincerely yours,

Guest Service
Hope you get what you wanted think I will try to request a sea view

Enjoy your holidays 9 weeks 3 days to go :D
Thank you. I will do a report when I get back.
OH wants me to email them and ask about a darts board :duh
Think it may get lost in the translation :(
On my holiday confirmation it states that darts and games room is not part of the all inclusive package if this helps :)
hope you enjoy your holiday we go june 2009 so a long way off yet but looking forward to it cant wait to read your review when you get back
phil and jacquie
Hi all.

With regards to a couple of earlier posts, I was looking thru' the Thomas Cook Tropical Shores brochure for this year and it states that as part of the All Inclusive features that:

"Sport & Leisure
Activities usually include:aerobics;archery;basketball;
dancing lessons;darts;daytime tennis;football;games
room (adults only);kayaks;mini-golf;pool table;
sailing;snorkelling;table tennis;volleyball;waterpolo;
windsurfing.Introductory scuba diving lesson(once per
stay).All watersports one hour per person per day,
subject to availability."

The games in the games room will (I expect) be payable locally i.e. Video games, pool table etc.

I hope this helps.

David

PS: Only 21 sleeps to go! :)
**Macca steps up to the oche** :rofl

5 more sleeps to go :sun2
Hi all.

I know this might sound like a silly question but I was wondering what the breakfasts were like in the ICD.I know that the hotel (supposedly) mostly caters for North Americans & Canadians and I was wondering :think if the bacon is streaky (all fat and no meat - just like myself!!) or is it more like a British back bacon.
I remember one year in Malta ,the bacon had hair on it! From then on we've called streaky - "hairy" bacon.
I myself can and will eat almost anything so this question is just out of curiosity rather than neccesity.
Many thanks for any info given.

David

PS: Only 15 more sleeps to go! :)
dave dee,
The bacon is crispy, streaky.
Breakfasts consist of cereals, eggs fried, boiled, scrambled, omlettes done to your requirements, sausages, baked beans, tomatoes tinned, creamed potato, fried bread, etc.etc. Yogurts, fresh fruit, I could go on and on.

We have been going to the ICD now for last 5 years and awaiting our 6th visit, have also booked for May 7th 2009 for another 2 weeks, we cant get enough of the resort. Its brilliant. :cheers

Angie.
If anyone recently returned would like to add their review please do so HERE :tup

Pippy :)
Hi Angie.

Many thanks for the reply.I'm not too fussed about bacon itself but I do love a good breakfast.It's the most important meal of the day.I've stayed in a few other Iberostars in the past and the food has been great.I like a good fry up but I've learned to do without on holiday, either that or I'll need to start staying at home! Omelette to start with then some croissants with strawberry jam and then see if there's room for anything else!
All the best.

David

PS; Only 7 sleeps to go :)
Hi David ,
Thought I would catch up with you here, breakfast is probably the easy one as most of it is cooked I used to start off on the first day with the full Monty stuffed all day :( 2nd day egg bacon beans & toast, 3rd day toasted bacon butty, 4th day and for the rest of the hols croissant melon pineapple mango all fairly safe. Its the main meals that can be a problem, 12 or 13 years ago a lot of people were dropping like flies we only had cooked food except the rice not good if it is re cooked, also cheese, ham, salad, no way, we have been to Dominican 3 times never been ill OK may have been lucky or we have cast iron stomachs. I know there was a clamp down a few years ago and it did improve but I still stick to my theory.

Alan
Hello again Alan!

I totally agree with you.Breakfast is probably the "safest" meal of the day. I like a full monty too (especially if I've had a couple too many the night before! :yuck ) but also just omelettes and croissants.
I haven't had my dinner yet and now I'm drooling at the thought of food.Need to go and get some munchies :)
Cheers

David

PS: Only 5 sleeps to go :sun2 :cheers
This hotel is sheer class.. a fabulous hotel with excellent food served at all meals.
Right, that's the food questions just about exhausted so let's start talking about the drinks!!
I know the bars are 'supposed' to serve international brands but what exactly do they have and are they watered down?

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.