Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
That's ok, I know how easy it is to get side-tracked! My request was for the benefit of new members and guests who may have got confused as to which hotel/resort was being discussed ;)

Pippy :)
Post wasnt heading way off topic.... if you want to warn people everytime they go into to conversation then 1. There will be more and more threads created.. or 2. people will just take everything into PM and little or no contribution to the main forum !!
Many thanks for your helpful contribution jellybaby :cheers
Oh and I didn't 'warn' anyone, I politely asked for the thread to remain on-topic.
Perhaps you ought to take note of NUMBER FOUR HERE.

If you have a problem with the manner in which this forum is moderated do feel free to contact admin.
Jellybaby, If you do not like the way we run our forums can I suggest you go elsewhere. The forums have rules for a reason, Pippy enforces those rules on our say so. You are rude and your attitude stinks and to be honest we have no room for members like you. So either abide by the rules or go somewhere else.

Admin
Hi all

I have just booked to go to the above hotel and did all my homework as usual, but my husband has just looked on the net at the hotel and it dosnt look like there are any sun shades on the beach, can anybody confirm whether that is correct or not,

many thanks

Bernie Clark
Hi Bernie :wave:
We are frequent visitors to the ICD and yes I can confirm that there are palapas on the beach of the ICD, but you have to get up early to bag one(the early bird catches the worm). As with the usual goings on certain guests do put their towels on the loungers under the palapas and you dont see them for hours, but this happens where ever you go on holiday!!!! :really
There are alot of palm trees boardering the resort of the beach so you will not be without shade in the heat of the day.Then just pull your lounger out from the shade when you want the sun.There are many sun loungers on the beach so never a problem finding one.
We will be going back for our 6th visit at the beginning of May. You will love this resort, the staff really look after you and cant do enough to make your stay perfect.
If you have any queries that I can help you with dont hesitate to ask.

Angie. :tup
Hi Angie

many thanks for that, I can breath again, thought for a while that we would have to re-book somewhere else, I have checked lots of reviews and mostly they are good, a few gripes but nothing major. We went to Cuba this year and my husband wanted to go back bit I wanted to try somewhere different, so domincan republic here we come, we too are travelling to DR in early may, what sort of temps will we have?

hope to hear from you soon

Bernie
Hi Bernie,
Temperatures are between 32degs/35degs in the day and 25degs/27degs in the evening.
We might bump into you there as we arrive at the ICD May7th, where are you flying from?

Angie.
glad it will be warm, hubby likes heat but dosnt like the sun, does that sound odd? I think so anyhow but there you go

we arrive on the 3rd May for 2 weeks

bernie
Hi i have booked to go to the ICD in Oct 09 as a surprise for my husbands 50th birthday, I am sure he will want to experience a round of golf in the caribbean with my brother-in-law

can anyone advise on the total cost of a round of golf i have heard it can be very expensive. :cheers
and which course is nearest to the ICD

Many thanks Lyn
Hi Lyn, :wave:
Angie here I think we have spoken somewhere else on another forum, yes its quite expensive to play golf in the Dom. Rep, your nearest golf course to the ICD is Playa Dorada Golf Course. Hubby and son played it on one of our visits to the ICD.
Here is a link to all of the fees, the only charge they dont put down is you have to also pay the Caddie Master a bit of a con.
http://dr1.com/travel/special/golf.shtml#4
Hope this helps :tup
Hi Angie.
I do believe we have spoken on another forum mentioning no names.
thanks for the info on the golf course it will work out expensive, but i think i will let him have at least 1 round.
Is October considered as not peak season, you have to pre book 1 month in advance in peak season..
Thanks Lyn
Lyn,
When we stayed at ICD it was in the month of April which was over the Easter holidays that year, they did'nt book a month in advance, on a trip up to look around the Playa Dorada Plaza we popped into the golf shop and asked when there was available tee times, they gave them the info and just chose the available tee time they prefered.
As it is a surprise visit for your hubby just remember to pack his golf shoes :rofl and I suggest his golf balls as they are very expensive to buy at the pro shop.

Angie.
Hi Angie.

Thats ok then, I will make sure He and my brother in law takes their golf shoes And i wouldnt of though of the balls but he can take some of them as well.
It wont be a problem as he will be under the impression he is going on a golfing trip.

Merry Christmas :wave

Lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.