Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hello all

I have booked my honeymoon at IB costa dorada in July 2007 (cant wait!!)

I have booked via thomson,can anyone tell me why I cant book a 10 night stay, I can only get either 7 or 14 nights, but we want an inbetween. 7 nights just doesnt seem enough, but 14 nights is a bit too much in one place for us.

Can anyone offer an explanation for this?

Many thanks in advance.
It will be because it is a charter flight that is only offered in multiples of 7 nights at a time.
I have booked 2 weeks in August 2007, can anyone tell me what time roughly would we leave the Hotel ( ICD) to depart back to the airport? Our flight home is 5pm.............i am hoping that because the airport is so near maybe we will get a few hours extra at the Hotel :lol:
We stayed at this hotel in November for our honey moon and I can highly recomend it. Our flight was at 4.40 (I think) and we got picked up at 2ish - so yes we had a few hopurs in the morning to get those extra rays in, a quick shower and change, lunch then check out, and at the airport within 20 minutes. All quite smooth.
Hi, Wondering if anybody can help me out? Is there a dress code for the evening meals as have heard gents have to wear long trousers. Also gents cant wear sandals/flip flops!! Going out in june for a family wedding. looking forward to it already :D
Hi Has anyone been to theis hotel this year as we are off next March and wan to know As much as possable( food, entertainment, pools, rooms etc) and how far is it from the airp[ort, could you please give me as much info as possable . Yours Janice
Merged with existing topic.

luci :wave
Hi Janice,

I went out in june for a family wedding :D

We had an amazing time. Weather was great. Pool is big with a jazzui in the middle. Main resturant is very good lots to choose from. Also another resturant by the pool. Drinks bar on way to beach. Two speciality resturants but did'nt use them.

Entertainment was good. Lots to do all day. Shows are ok at night. Lion King show was fantastic.

Rooms were very nice. We had a kingsize bed but some rooms had two doubles. Air conditioning and a ceiling fan ( much needed) They had a coffee perculator and mini bar in the fridge.

Towels are supplied.

Hope this helps. Have a great time :D

Regards Tracy
Hi Tracy Thanks for the info, did you go to the night club as i have a 18year old and 14year old who will be 15 when she is out their, in thinking of having a little party for her do you think they will make at cake etc, i will also have he champane for brakfast for her, we have just come back from Turkey and had a great time, was their many teenagers their as she is worried their will be no one he age, could you please gice me as much info s possabe. Yours Janice
Reviews from this year can be found HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi I just wanted to know is their a hairdressers at this hotel or is it cheaper to go local to have your hair braded as my daughter will be 15 when we are their and i want her to have her hair done, i have asked the hotel if they will let her have a small party as we have just come back from turkey and they partys they had as lykia world for people having (silver weddings, 16th birthday. 5thday partys) hey let of fireworls and had a cake baked with champane and cocktails it was very good. Yours Janice
There is a hairdresser in the hotel, and there are girls on the beach who would be only too happy to braid their hair. I didn't do either so can't say which is best, but I would say the braiding as you don't really get that at home. I did see lots of girls with braids and they looked great.
I wouldn't expect fireworks, but if you let the hotel know its a birthday they will do a cake and I'm sure a chorus of happy birthday from the waiting staff.
Was there in July, at dinner in the restaurant they come along in a procession with shakers etc. and sing to the person who's birthday it is.
Thanks \seesaw i will have to wait now for the email back to see if they will arrange a cake and perhaps some champane and cocktails with sparklers. Yours Janice
I am sure I did see cakes for some people in the restaurant, champagne is on the drinks menu included anyway and if i were you I'd make friends with one of the barmen and maybe take my own sparklies for the drinks to decorate the cocktails and ask them to sort them with a few dollars tip!

Only thing is you probably can't take the sparklers ones on the plane as classed as fireworks!
hi, just booked this hotel as a blind buy for may 08

just a few questions...

is there a pool bar. i dont think there is but just want it confirmed

do you get a fridge supplied in room and is it stocked daily? if so what with?

is a towel servive available for loungers?

how many ala carte resteraunts is there? and how many bookings are allowed?

will the weather be good for may?

what are the mosquitoes like around the hotel?

any other useful information that can help me is appreciated..

thank you :)
Hi PinguTM
It's a very nice hotel and i will try and answer all your questions

No there is'nt a swim up bar but there is a bar on the beach and in the poolside restaurant.
Yes there is a fridge in your room with water, beer and other bottles of soft beverages like coke and fanta.This is topped up most days.
Yes they have a card poolside towel service.
I did get bit by mozzies but not too badly, I recommend repellant called 'OFF' which was dear but bought there this was the most effective.
There are 3 a la carte, brazilian (lots of meat), mexican and a mediteranean (fish mostly) ate at all 3, no complaints. Book at special desk in reception in the morning, there is a limit of 3 a week i think!
Have'nt been in may, I go to the DR in july but the weather is lovely take plenty of very high factor suncream with you.
Any other questions i will try and help.
We booked sunscape the beach through portland for next july which has now been upgraded to Dreams Punta Cana, looks like we have fallen on our feet.
Can anyone let me know the email address for this hotel as I want to email ahead .
I just cannot find it on any web site
If nobody is able to give you the email address you can fill in the form HERE and email the hotel with your request/question.

Pippy :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.