Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Just got back from the IBHD on friday and we had a fabulous time.

There were three of us in a room, we had 2 double beds and a three foot wide single bed where the luggage rack stands and we had loads of space, there was plenty of storage for all our stuff.
The bedrooms alternate between shower and bath, we had a shower which was huge and we always had hot water.

Take plenty of immodium, we were'nt ill but it can be a long way to the toilets or your room if you are caught short, we all needed some during the 2 weeks.

Take a snorkel and mask, you can see wonderful fish just off the beach in shallow water and you can feed them bread or bananas from the buffet.

Would definately return to this hotel, we had a brilliant holiday.
Have stayed at this hotel several times and never had a problem with being caugh short or needing immodium...have to say its usually the lack of knowledge that causes this...it is a well known fact that coconut is a natural laxative so if you drink more than 4 pina coladas or coco locos in 24 hrs you will infact be running to the loo in more ways than one...also note that they use a lot of coconut to cook with and most other flesh fruits like melon, papaya, mango etc are also laxatives. :wink:
Actually we are very careful and are very knowledgable.

I did'nt have any coconut or coconut based drinks and neither did the rest of our family, we have been to the DR a few times before and are always like it. It's just the way it is and I take plenty of medication in preparation for it.
Hi all,

Am off to the IHD on Wednesday and wondered if anyone knew if hairdryers are in the room?: We stayed at the Ib Paraison Maya in Mexico last year and they did, so wondered if it were standard?

Thanks for all the wonderful reports too!! so looking forward to it. 4th time to DR but never stayed in the south before. :D

SG
Hi Scubagirl,

Yes there are hairdryers in the bathroom and I managed perfectly well with it.

I loved the IBHD and the south, we did the Saona Island trip and the Helicopter ride and would thoroughly recommend both of them, in fact I wish I was going again.

Have a great time.
Thanks see saw - just saves space when we're having to pack everything in the cases this time!

Definitely doing the Saona Island trip, because they do a diving excursion there but the helicopter ride sounds fantastic!

Will post our experiences when we get back.

SG
I have booked a 2 week holiday at this resort and cant wait to go now! Its actually a birthday present for my girlfriend, she doesn't know yet!!! Anyway I noticed some people emailed the hotel prior to leaving asking if you could be put in a specific block and floor, and have a few questions about that

When did you email them, was it a couple weeks before or months?
Which email address did you use?

I'm hoping to get block 4 as this is closet to the beach and I know my girlfriend will love this, although blocks 7 and 3 would be fine too.

Your help would be greatly appreciated
I emailed the hotel a couple of weeks before, and we were put in block 3 second floor overlooking the pool which was lovely, handy for the pool and the beach.
We emailed in advance and didn't get the beach block, however we had block 2 top floor overlooking the middle of the hotel. If you look on Google Earth you will see that the arrangement of the blocks mean that wherever you are you are not far from everything else. they did offer to move us when we had 2 days left of the holiday! Obviously a long email queue then.. We didn't bother as we only used the room to sleep, shower and change.

You should enjoy the holiday wherever you end up unless the rooms have gone seriously downhill since we were there.
we stayed in block 2 on our first visit and 4 on our second, both were fine and within easy reach of all the resort facilities.
hi, read a review recently that the pools at the hacienda turns highlighted hair and any white on swim wear GREEN. any body had a problems with this.

Really like this hotel and was just about to book but read this review and dont want to go if this happens and i have both highlighted hair and white swim wear.

Many Thanks
We stayed there in 04 and 05 and it was never a problem then, but it could be different now? try reading a few english reviews they are less unbiased.
has anyone been to the Iberostar Haceinda Dominicus,as my self, husband brother and sister-in-law are hoping to book this year,does any one know if the is water ski-ing as my husband would like to water ski,the hotel does say payment for motorised waterpsorts but does not actually say water ski-ing
Lovethesun,

You will find this problem with a lot of hotel pools. Something to do with the chemicals they use....
There is a shampoo available in Boots (and other chemists) that stops this happening. Can't remember the name of it right now but will post again when I do.
Don't not book the hotel simply because of this as it could happen at any hotel. Denny
Just another 3 weeks to go before me, the wife and two kids head off to DR to stay at the IHD. Looking to find out which block/rooms I should be requesting before we go, would ideally like something with a view, either beach or pool. Any feedback would be appreciated.
We were in block 2 facing the centre of the hotel. surprisingly the green is so lush you do not realise you are looking at the centre of the hotel!
It was nice and peaceful. Many of the outward facing rooms in the blocks will overlook next door and the lower rooms will probably look onto shrubs. I think 3 and 4 will give pool views and 4 will give sea views unless they have changed the numbering since we went.

If you load Google Earth and navigate and zoom into (look at the numers in the bottom left)

18:20:44:xx N 68:49:25:xx W

it will place you right in the middle of the hotel and you can see the sort of views you can expect.
The closest Northern Block was one and 4 was on the beach, I think 5 was closest to the hotel the other side.
I don't think we spent long enough in the room to worry about a view. However before the holiday I did request a room in block 4 as we are beach people rather than pool. A couple of days before we were due to leave, I found a note offering me a move! We didn't. Nothing is particularly far in any direction.

Quick edit to add the p, which come to think of it was probably all we used the room for!
Don't forget to post your review HERE when you get home! :tup

Pippy :)
Can any one help us we are going to this hotel early October and the male members of our party are worried they will not get to see the England matches whilst there. Does any one know if they will be able to see the games while we are there. Us girls have better things to do. Many Thanks
Looking at this hotel for next year. Please has anyone been, reports look very good but would really like to know about snorkling from the beach, any coral not to far out.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.