Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Ibiza fans
15 Posts
Love the place, but not been able to visit for the last few years (after 6 consecutive years) due to other family commitments. First went about 38 years ago - how things have changed, but the attaction of the Island remains.

Seem to have settled on Es Cana as the resort of choice usually towards the end of the season, but I still get the odd "twang" on the memory when I remember one my favourite places where at mid afternoon when most people are at the beach or round the pool, I could wander round, drop into cafes or bars for a relaxing snack or drink and ust sit and watch the rest of the world go by.

:sun2

Getting too sentimental now - Must be my age .........
we agree Santa Eulalia is prob one of the best resorts that we have bee Stayed in the Riomar in sept 2009 and we have booked to stay there again this sept 4 for 7 nights :cheers
My brother in law lives in San An Bay so we are usually drawn to Ibiza each summer.

Have been to the bay several times, the best trip being right at the end of the season in October. Booked flights and hotel direct ourselves and the weather was fantastic. Not too hot for the kids but ideal for just lazing in all day.

Tried Es Cana last year which was ok, but seen it, done it. Had a day in Santa Eulalia and would like to try that as a resort at some point.

Also been to Portinax but too quiet for us. Lovely place though.

This year in Port des Torrent. BIL works at BN3 and lives near there so its not that far a walk from PDT back into the bay.

Jim
Been to es cana 6 times going again on Aug 25th, am I right in thinking you can get to Santa Eulalia by ferry :cheers
Yes, there are frequent ferries to SE from Es Cana. You can also then change to another ferry for Cala LLonga or Ibiza Town. Think I have been on them all over the years! I gave them a miss last year and went by bus instead but I'm thinking of doing the ferry to Ibiza Town this year as its been a while!
We went to Santa Eulalia last year and had a great time! Would love to go again.....
but unusually for us, hadn't booked a summer holiday early....
now don't know what to do because of this darned ash cloud :(

We got the ferry to Ibiza Town, it's well worth the climb up to Dalt Villa.
But the seafront restaurants etc. were all too hot...somehow we couldn't find what we were looking for
so we got some bottled drinks and a snack from a supermarket and got an early ferry home!
interestingly enough, a lot of people who were on the same ferry out as us, were on the same one back, so maybe it wasn't just us with the lunch problem in the heat :que
Also be advised that although there are interesting souvenir shops etc. near the harbour in Ibiza Town, the rest of the shops are expensive looking boutiques and there are no large shops as you would get in Palma de Mallorca for example.
la Sirena shops in most resorts are the best to use for most things you need.or art shops as well.
Santa elulia is sounding rather good, my family are there,at the mo,and they are staying in san antonio nor far from ibiza rocks, however they have gone to santa elulia for the day and said they want to return there for a holiday..they said its just amazing..they have been there a week now,weather hot,had a thunderstorm 1 night..and they couldnt believe how nice san antonio is,they jus thought it was a clubbin rough scene.but my brother in law said its so pretty, and they have sent pics on email,adn it looks fab,might try myself next aug..im a southern spain girl,but might be time for a change..
Librarianne wrote:
Yes, there are frequent ferries to SE from Es Cana. You can also then change to another ferry for Cala LLonga or Ibiza Town. Think I have been on them all over the years! I gave them a miss last year and went by bus instead but I'm thinking of doing the ferry to Ibiza Town this year as its been a while!

Hi we are off to Es Cana in July, reading your post there are several ferries a day?? don't want to get stranded!
Also any idea on cost??
J.
can't remember how much it cost but yes there are quite a few ferries each day, if you miss the ferry you will be able to get a taxi or bus . the only time they don't run i
s for a hour in the early afternoon dinner time I think.
nasher wrote:
can't remember how much it cost but yes there are quite a few ferries each day, if you miss the ferry you will be able to get a taxi or bus . the only time they don't run i
s for a hour in the early afternoon dinner time I think.

Thanks Nasher, we are really looking forward to being able to get around a bit on them.
Hi
Just returned from St Eulalia. Used the ferry to go to Ibiza Town it cost 15 Euros return.
Ferries to Es Cana or Cala Llonga were 10 Eruos return. There was no hassle getting the ferry back, there was ample room for everyone, dont know what it will be like in peak season. Es Cana / Cala Llonga not far from St Eulalia, so a taxi would not be too costly. I understand it is under 2 Euros on the bus to Ibiza Town from Santa Eulalia, dont know about taxi prices.
M
my fifth consecutive year 10th visit ...twice this year...lol....love san an bay and es cana..but most of all prefer a villa in the country
San Antonio - 4 times and the sunsets are to die for
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.