Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
IBIZA IN MAY
17 Posts
hi,the season starts at the beginning of may,school hols are i think 25th of may for 7-10 days depending on the area.weve been at the end of may every year since 2003 and the weather has been great,the occasional shower,cloud etc.even if you went in the may school hols it will not be as busy as august.im in my 40's also and we are going may 31st, 4 nights kids at granmas2 couples,went this year twice.i say go in may you may want to go back again in the summer. mo :)
we have been in may three times.....2nd, 1st and 16th lol

each time we have had beautiful weather, although much hotter when we went 16th.

It's not very busy at beginning of may and lots of places arent even open, but we still love it
laswalkirias,

I am roughly 10 years older than you :lol: and also find Ibiza a great wee Island for breaks. The good lady and I went to San Antonio Bay on 26 May this year (Scots school hols). Only a long week-end but fabulous weather. Lots of good hotels in this area and my abiding memory is sitting in a beach bar, bottle of 9 euro red wine and looking across the water towards San Antonio while the sun went down and all the lights came on. As I type make that a few bottles ....

Wilson :wink:
We have been in the May school holidays for the last 2 years. Weather has been pretty good and we even get 2 weeks at that time as my daughter is at primary school!!! :D Next years school holidays are from 25th May as Mo said before but its not too busy even in school hols - just nice! Have a good time - we'll be in Santa Eulalia again then
Im thinking of going on May 19th to san antonio. Just a group of girls to relax after university exams. We don't want clubbing all night but we would like a bit of night life (like fun bars etc) will these be open? either way we will have fun
San An is a god awful place. Well unless you like 16 year old vomitting in the street - the drinks are cheap though, the music is pop and loud and its probably the tackiest place on the planet, its like I would imagine Pontins to be, but worst! :D

Ibiza Town is a far better place for night life.
greenshoes,

Don't think San Antonio will be anything like balearicjobs portrays in May. From my experience it's certainly quieter than in the peak months of July and August. I found plenty of nice places to have a drink in both San Antonio and San An Bay too. Have to admit though not too sure about fun bars so early in the season. Tackiest place on the planet ? not in my opinion. Having had two daughters go through university exams I know you need a break and would think Ibiza would be fine. Having said that it will be touch and go for good weather so early in the season.

Wilson :wink:
a somewhat sweeping generalisation from bj there. i'd love to know how he considers ibiza town night life better and less tackier than san an's.
i challenge bj to come up with any type of night life in ibiza town that doesn't involve that god awful clubbing scene with its dreadful music and better than thou adherents. (and the drinks are a total rip off!)
strolling around looking for somewhere that i can afford a beer is not my idea of a night out...........

in may san an's bars will be up and running - and as wilson says, there are a great variety, from the sunset strip to the ever growing line of spanish bar cafes by the harbour, from the neon lit west end to the bars on the fringes of it - try babel for chess, sushi, brazilian cocktails and cool jazz, etc etc etc
m
Each to their own folks - let's keep this a friendly topic.

Cheers.
We realise that in May the weather wont be super but we will have our fingers crossed from some sunshine.
our may weather is much more bearable than in july or august. the sun will be shining, the days are fresher, but it can be a little cooler at night.
we just want weather that is hot enough for us to be able to laze by the pool or on the beach. Then a good bar at night for a few drinks. We don't want a wild holiday , more one to just relax
Just my two cents on this....

Ibiza's reputation does not live up to the 'hype' that is often portrayed by the media, the clubbing scene although strong is only a small part of what ibiza is all about.

Balearic Jobs always has a good old dig at san an but in reality its nothing like he says it is :P Ive been visiting the resort for the last 10 years (2 or 3 times each year) and have yet to witness a 16 year old vomiting in the street. Mouse is spot on about what san an can offer although i have to say that ibiza town is not so clubbing orientated either!! The areas of san penya and dalt vila offer a fantastic array of small bars and cosy restaurants at decent prices without a hint of clubbing music. The port is very busy with quite a number of more 'commercial style' bars where you get loads of hastle from pr's trying to get you in them...a bit like the west end in san an really, except only worse.

If i had a choice for May though, i would pick ibiza town as it wont be too busy but may offer more things to do at that time of year. As for the weather, i wouldnt hold out much for really hot sunshine as it could be a bit hitty missy at that time of year
i went to ibiza in may 06, staying in figueretas... it was lovely, very hot, 2 of my 3 kids got sunburnt and there was just a slight but welcome coolness in the evenings, most places were open, but the one pub we wanted(kareoke bar) wasnt opening til the day we flew home! :roll:

clare x
well it seems we wont be going now until the 13th of june. Uni have moved our exams. Will it be hot on the 13th of june onwards?
In reply to your msg, you will love it there, there will be sun , you will have fun , just go relax and leave all your troubles behind....... good luck with your exams and enjoy your well earned break, consider a boat trip very cheap and wonderful experience, they have allsorts of bars , every nationality you could wish for , quiet bars, noisy clubs, you decide when you get there and go with the flow :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.