Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: icelolly.com
41 Posts
Hi everyone!

Just a quick message to clear up some issues discussed here. Icelolly.com is a holiday price comparison website. All our travel agents/providers must be ATOL, ABTA, Global or Travel Trust registered in order to advertise on our website. The purpose of icelolly.com is that when you use the search box on the left hand side of the page, it searches across all our holiday providers' deals to give you the best possible offers to suit your requirements. We do have some unbelievably cheap, good deals but there is nothing underhand we have done to get them. In addition, in reference to the additional flights and transfer costs, we do state clearly on our site that not all prices include these costs as they vary from provider to provider. It is very rare that we have an unsatisfied customer and in the extremely rare event that we do, we will do everything we can to rectify the situation and leave our customer at ease with their use of icelolly.com. We have a Facebook, Twitter and Google+ page where you are more than welcome to ask us for help, put forth queries or just pop on and say hello!

Thank you to our loyal customers on here, it is very much appreciated.

For further information on our policies please view the Standard page on our website.

Take care,

Eve

Icelolly.com Customer Services
ice lolly.com are complete :swear !! i have phoned in about 6times in the last 2/3 days am they seem to change there transfer n luggage prices!! its disgusting, theyr so rude n full of :swear !! they make up the prices as they go along. defo not to be trusted. has anyone els had this problem??
Welcome nikki66 ... I have merged your post with our existing icelolly.com topic. As you may now see from previous posts, icelolly.com operates as a price comparison website for holidays which are supplied by travel companies who advertise on their site.

David :wave
they cannot b trusted i think its a scam. i have phoned up to 6times in 3days and they keep changing transfer prices and baggage fees n also now they are adding some sort of airline fee. do not trust them
The thing that you need to remember with companies like Icelolly is that they are not marketing their own packages nor are they TOs or TAs in the traditional sense - they are, as earlier posts make clear, an advertising directory with a price comparison facility but one which isn't 'live' and which isn't updated in real time. The information re prices and transfers fees etc is not going to remain static - each time you contact them the 'best deal' on offer for what you want might well be different - it might even be with different companies. This doesn't make it a sc am or a c on but it does mean that you need to be very clear about what you are wanting and to be ready to make your mind up fairly quickly - any delay and a bargain holiday could disappear because the advertiser has withdrawn it and/or re-priced it.

SM
nikki

your second rant was completly pointless if you can't tell us which company you rang - you had already been told that icelolly is simply a price comparison site not an agent.
you had already been told that icelolly is simply a price comparison site not an agent.

Phoned them about a dozen times in response to ads on their site and each time the holiday cost has gone up often as much as 50%, never stayed the same, never gone down.

Traveled with them twice, I can not fault the company or staff, they have been very efficient, very friendly and helpful, but they arranged flights and accommodation with different companies making them not a straight forward price comparison site; in my view.
I find it confusing that people say they have booked with or travelled with icelolly.com, when the company claims only to be a travel directory service and price comparison website for holidays which are supplied by travel companies who advertise offers on the icelolly.com site.

icelolly.com say that they are not a travel company and therefore do not sell tickets or holidays, do not hold any information regarding bookings and are not responsible for the bookings made, as that takes place between the customer and travel companies directly.

http://www.icelolly.com/terms-and-conditions

David :wave
in addtion to what David has said....

The phone numbers in the adverts are not at icelolly.

The people you speak to are not icelolly employees.

If you saw a holiday advert in the Sunday Times Travel section would you think the number was at the Sunday Times???

The really staggering thing is that, given the cost of family holidays, people seem to be handing over huge sums of money and have no idea who they have given it to!
If II go to Money Supermarket or Cofussed I get the price compared I choose the one I want and get put through to the supplier. With icelolly, I give them my credit card details and they do the booking and pass on my invoices, tickets and so on.

I would say they are an agent and I book with them.
I've just done a dummy run because I'm curious and I have to say I agree that this is just a comparison site. I put in dates and chose an hotel. The name of the holiday supplier came up at the corner of the pic of the hotel and I could also click to find out more details about that company. the phone number supplied is the telephone number of the holiday company and NOT the number of Icelolly. Therefore if you gave your card details over the phone you'd have been giving them to the holiday company concerned.
Glass, are you using the same website that we are looking at??

On icelolly.com you select where you want to go, when, how long for etc.

It comes up with a list of holidays.

Fort each holiday, in the blue square at the right with the price is a phone number, this varies between holidays. In the middle section with the hotel name and star rating is a name in red. This is the agent you are buying from. In the random test I just tried it gave options from Travelsoon, lowcostholidays, Travel Club and verycheapholidays (at least 3 of which have their own threads on this site!!).

You book with and give your money to the agent named.
:whoops

Ok as Steve pointed out the phone numbers are different, so I have been talking some :tongue here.

Sorry :oops:

Who ever I ring the holiday is always dearer then advertised!
Very rarely will you be able to buy a holiday at the price you see. Try it with a valid but old card that you no longer use.
If you see the same holiday being advertised but there is a big difference in price between the cheapest company and the more expensive company, i can guarantee that the cheaper one will never be available so skip them and go for the slightly higher one as that is the one that will be more realistic.
A thought occured to me, most of the agents that use icelolly also have their own websites. When something looks interesting on icelolly don't phone, go to the agents site and see if you can find the same holiday on that and how much it's advertised for.

based on what I saw yesterday here's some of their URLs but also read what we know about them

http://www.lowcostholidays.com
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=150582&hilit=lowcostholidays&start=40

http://www.verycheapholidays.co.uk
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=148522&hilit=verycheapholidays

http://www.travelsoon.com
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=153960&hilit=travelsoon.com&start=20

http://www.travelclub.co.uk
we don't seem to have a thread on this company
How can they claim that they are purely a comparison site when they clearly advertise / own one of the biggest culprits on their website - sunsave.com. I'd not put 2 and 2 together until I had to go and physically collect my tickets from the Sunsave offices because after many phone calls I still did not receive anything. Surprise surprise they are both in the same building and under the same ownership, when I got home I checked the address on both:

Icelolly Marketing Limited, 97 Storr Hill, Wyke, West Yorkshire, BD12 8PQ

Sunsave - 97 Storr Hill, Wyke, West Yorkshire, BD12 8PQ
Copyright ©2007-2012 Icelolly Marketing Ltd. trading as Sunsave

What a scam, these guys made my life hell, bookings easy, getting tickets etc is a nightmare!
Hey, just to clear up a few things up...
Icelolly.com is a comparison website, we simply compare holidays within the providers who advertise on our site to find the best deals available.
Sunsave.com is owned by the same people but we operate as 2 completely separate businesses, it's not icelolly.com who owns sunsave.com or vice versa but it is that Icelolly Marketing Limited owns the 2 companies.
As far as prices going up from what is shown on our site this is due to the fact that the deals are subject to availability, so this can result in fluctuation of prices up or down, also, baggage and transfers are classed as optional extras which is clearly stated on the site as not everyone will require them and they would be difficult for us to quote as they depend on different variables that are not in our control as we don't actually sell the holidays.
If anyone ever has any queries or would like support with any issues relating to the providers advertising on our site we are more than happy to help and you can contact us directly on our facebook page, twitter account or by emailing marketing@icelolly.com.
Thank you to our loyal customers on here, it is really appreciated.
Thanks again,
Fliss.
Marketing Assistant
icelolly.com
dont no why people bother booking with these companys they only do what you can do yourself on line, book flights direct with airline and hotels with hotels direct or use hotels 4 u or similar, at least you will have live prices and have no cause for complaints, at the end of the day that is all these companys do for you price hotel and flights, but of course never live flight prices.
Of course Icelolly is an agent only but, he GIVE YOU PRICE BY PHONE WHICH SHOULD BE AN AGREEMENT!!
(record a phone call, you will have more arguments with them)

Short story. I choose Canary for 248 pp on their web page. After a phone call I was said I could have it for 309 pp due to flight changes. I did agree. Then icelolly agent - took my credit card details and I got confirmation of flight booking and payment soon. It was ryanair to tenerefife and monarch back with cheapest option (cabin baggage only) which I agreed to. After few days I got confirmation of the hotel booking. Summarise and... surprise, 365 pp. I try to make complains but there is nobody you can do it to. Flight are already paid with cheap airlines, hotel booking is by another company - "agent of agent".
Stupid me.
I've checked later hotel booking and I could have it cheaper booking by myself. The worst thing is I give my credit card details to somebody you could't trust. Be careful.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.