Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Icmeler, help!
11 Posts
hi ruth
it is hotter at end of july very hot :tongue
are you looking for aprtment ie self catering
or hotel ie all in. it would be easiier to nail down suitable accomidation
Hi Ruth, If you scroll back to April 3rd you will find Discussion on Babadan Apartments, this is where I recommend families such as yours to go to. I believe they are through Thomson and have got their own website. All the best.

Les
Hello,

I was thinking of a hotel. It all depends on variation in prices. I have been looking at Efes Inn and Letoile. Anybody know if these are ok? But if proces are scary then I will see. I have looked and prices seam ok towards end of Aug. what is the weather like then?

Child Places - when you book for a child do they pay full adult price? do they get their own seat on plane? these are dim questions but really i have no idea.

I had no idea how many things i would need to ask
Ta
Ruth
hi

I cant help as I always stay at the same apartments, but have a look at this site, its quite competetive and lots of expert Icmelerites on the forum.

http://www.icmeleronline.com

TC
hi ruth24s

if you have found flights already then you have so many to choose from you could book most direct if you are looking to go diy or get some qoutes from the many tour operators, then you can always go to your local travel agent and ask them to match it. then at least all your holiday will be covered by abta,atol, :wave:
ruth24s, As you say in your post you dont like it to hot, The dates you have chosen will certainly be hot between 110 and 120 degrees every day, I personally think you should choose Half term in October where it will be cooler with temperatures around 90 degrees.
Hi, Yes I though that too but 1/2 term is only for a week and we really wanted to go for 2. I cannot decide what to do.

Has anybody stayed at Golmar Hotel? This is the other one that I have looked at so far.

Ta
Ruth
Hi Ruth

I stayed at the Golmar a couple years ago room was a bit tired looking but very clean its in a quieter possition being at the end of the beach. I thought the hotel was okay and would go back there again.

Turkish bath was very good in hotel.

Lynn
Golmar Hotel has an excellent position at the end of Icmeler bay, overlooking the sea and situated on the beach.
I have booked the Golmar. I could not wait. The reviews for Efes really put me off and the fact that there is no shaded areas around the pool. I will write up a review in oh about a year and a half!!

TA
Ruth
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.