Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Never heard anything about it.
hi

yes we have been there when we stayed at the dreadful marmaris palace, it was free for guests most of the time, but when my daughter went in nov it was closed, so i think its only open from march to oct. im sure none guests can use it but not 100% its near the promenade and has a roof so could be seen if you took a walk along there
Been to the great marmaris palace six times now ,the ice rink is open to anyone at a charge the residents of the hotel also pay , it is not very dear.

Bluepeterno1
Ive passed this ice rink a few times and thought the ice looked "artificial ice".This is harder to skate on than normal ice so gave it a miss.
thats not strictly true bluepeter as we didnt pay, certain days and times its free for residents, just need to check when
Well glad to hear some one knows of it, can anyone confirm is it real or fake ice and can any one remember the price etc :que I am embarrassed to say that we had spent about 15 weeks in Icmeler, about 10 holidays and had never even heard of an ice rink. Until last November I didn't even realise that you can walk all the way into Marmaris along the promenade :oops: , what else is there to be discovered.
Yes the ice rink is connected to the Marmaris Palace hotel and yes there's a fee for all, or at least there was when we were there last April....cost if I recall was reasonable but I can not remember the actual price...and yes its real ice, it's quite cold watching if your inside :yikes ....we are back in 7 weeks so I will update on my return with actual costs as we will be there on the first week of the season :sun2 :cheers .....

Oh the walk along the front will take about 30-45 mins to the ice rink from Icemeler and at a guess about an hour from ice rink to Marmaris...done the first bit regularily but never braved the walk to Marmaris ;)
Its a lovely walk into Marmais from Icmeler, its also fairly flat most of the way. Icmeler to Marmaris takes me about 75 minutes, walking about halfway into Marmaris and walking at a fairly leisurely pace

Stewart
Thanks for your replies, will try the ice rink on our next visit. My wife and I discovered the ice rink whilst cycling into Marmaris along the prom which is even easier and quicker than walking as Stewart says it's more or less flat. I just cant believe it took 10 holidays to discover the ice rink and the walk into Marmaris I thought people walked via the coastal road :duh .
i am also ashamed to say i have been many times now and never heard anything about that lol, shame on me! :tongue
The ice is definitely real i can assure you that every time i have used it while staying at the marmaris palace, my family and i had to pay for it ,unless it has changed in the lasi eleven months .
Hi . We went to the Marmaris Palace in about 2010 and it was because they had a rink that we booked it . It was free to residents as long as you had your own skates. Skates were available for hire and I can’t remember the cost except I thought it was a little steep at the time. There used to be a video on the hotel website showcasing the rink but can’t find it now. They don’t even mention it on their list of amenities . If I knew it was still there I would book it again in a heartbeat.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.