Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I stayed here 15 years ago and visited last October and it has improved.It is quite posh and has lovely gardens,pool area and is right on the beach.They now have an AIs option which if it is a lot more I personally wouldnt bother with.Cafe Anne on the beach front beside the hotel does lovely chicken sandwiches with salad for £1.There are also 2 others Coco Beach and the Erdem Cafe which are very good value just in front of the hotel.I think they would be bored staying in the hotel on an evening as there is so many fab bars.If you look on You tube there are loads of videos of the resort and night life.
The Dolmus runs to Marmaris every 10 minutes.Taxis are expensive after 12 midnight. There are a couple of nightclubs in Icmeler and a vast amount of great bars.One things for certain they wont be bored in Icmeler. :cheers
Icmeler on line are great and have offices in the resort as well as Liverpool.Any problems the staff are there just around the corner.
I have booked transfers a few times with icmeleronline,but this year I have also booked my apartments as well,payed a little more than others,but like you said a reputable company,and they are based in Icmeler as well.Have you had a look at their website,the forums are great,especially the photo albums,you can find out all the information you want.I messed up trying to make my booking on line so I sent them an email,within half an hour they phoned me up and had it all sorted for me,thats service.
Quite a few people on here have booked with IOL and give good reports.

What is the name of the other company that you have seen the hotel with ? If you name it people may be able to give you a view as to if they have used the alternative and if they are also reliable ?
hi

i havent used iol but i have booked a few hols with h4u and they are quite reasonable.....they use onurair which arent the best airline but its ok....and the reps are very good if you need anything sorting out...in icmeler everything goes off at 12 midnight but its only bout 10 mins from marmaris where ive heard the nightlife carries on all night( i take my 2 daughters so dont get to sample much nightlife...lol ).....hope you find something

angie xx
The two nightclubs in Icmeler (Pleasure and Eastenders) are open into the wee small hours - my daughter and her friend certainly weren't at all bored last summer, but as everyone has said, you're near enough to Marmaris if you want to venture there.
All good advice thanks we're definatly set on Iclemer it sounds perfect just need to decide on which hotel and company to book through now
Happy hols
Mel
I have always booked with Icmeleronline and had great service and backup when required.Would certainly book up with them again.

Diane and Norman :wave:
I would rather travel with ICR than Goldtrail to Icmeler.
When we first ever booked to go to Turkey years aga (bitez) I remember reading fantastic reports for IOL and always thought that one day if i ever had to book a holiday to Icmeler I would book it through them if they were still going. We're booking tomorrow and will probably do just that if they do the hotel the girls want to stay in (blue rainbow) John always seemed to be quite an honest guy to me judging by the posts he used to write and his company is still going strong with people vouching for him so I hope we can do business.
Happy hols
Mel
Your question originally was Aqua Hotel and would it suit a 20 year old and her friends, personally I would think not, as Jay said it is posh. I do not think 20 year olds would want to stay in there most nights, there are far too many bars & restaurants for them to try out in Icmeler,

I have never stayed in The Aqua myself but have stayed in The Marti and Joy Munimar which are very similar standards. and although beautiful hotels and grounds had no atmosphere and we ended up going out all the time which proved exspensive...and we are not 20 years old!

Regarding ICR, I boooked accommodtaion and transfers with them before and had no problems, car waiting at Dalaman when we arrived and was in plenty of time to take us back on our departure. So no worries there. I would not hesitate to book again.

As for Icmeler. they will love it if,
Hi
THanks I agree after reading reports on the Aqua that it may be a bit too posh for what they're after. Definatly has to be Icmeler now with the all inclusive option so they know everthing is paid for (they wil still obviously go out to bars in the evening anyway) We're quite settled on the blue rainbow but as usual it gets confusing as when I went to book with Icmeler online I noticed its only sold as half board ? so no good which is a real shame. The company that offers it at a really good price was low cost holidays who I don't really know much about? ( used them please?)
The other company offering quite a good price was travel republic who we've used for flights before and seem to be ok.
Would you say the blue rainbow has a good atmosphere please or could we do better in that respect for around that price A/I
Mel
Icmeler online does AI at the Blue Rainbow. When you go onto the Blue Rainbow under hotels click details and it gives you the option of AI.
Ah thanks, I did try phoning but it was answerphone so will try again tomo!
Thanks
Mel
Mel just leave a message and John will ring you back as soon as he can :)

The Blue Rainbow has a lovely pool area and a really good size pool. I almost stayed there myself this year, but decided on SC at the last minute :)
Hi Mel

I think that the Blue rainbow will be a great base for your girls. I stayed there a couple of years ago on B&B basis. Its central for everything. Close to the beach and clean. I've never done the AI deals as I like going out to a different restaurant every night so cant comment on the food. We stayed in the Aqua last year and it was lovely but I dont think its for youngsters. Just the young at heart like me.

On the subject of IMO I have never booked or travelled with them before myself, but have met their reps who are lovely girls and are based in the resort and if your girls needed help the staff are always there to give advice.

Lynn
Hi
Just had a chat with John at Icmeler online and what can I say but wow! How helpful and reassuring was he!
Blue rainbow it is and without a shadow Icmeler here they come , Will be booking in the week with John who answered all my million questions and made me feel like I wish it was me going lol!
Thanks John and if anyone else is thinking of Icmeler for their hols just give John a ring you couldn't speak to a more knowledgable and friendly man I was impressed. ( and no I don't work for them ha ha)
Thanks to everyone for their time too
Mel
As an ex travel agent i can whole heartidly recommend Icmeler Online!!! Booked with them several times and always had fantastic service

Louise x
Thanks to everyone who helped me choose a holiday for my daughter and her friend.
All booked now for the rainbow hotel Icmeler through the brilliant John Toohey at Iclemer online who has been top class. He gave the girls a fantastic price and friendly helpful advice and I feel confident that anything they they need to know or may need help with will be dealt with by a member of the team there. I feel like i'm missing out now and may even try to grab a week with a couple of friends if we can!
Their transfers were also arranged through him which is great, no 4 hour trip around the houses!
I love this site it never fails thanks
Happy hols
Mel
Glad you got something booked and I hope your daughter has a great holiday.

Kedi :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.