Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
We were booked to stay at the Boathouse from 2 - 14 April, we did not receive any letter about the works from our travel agency beforehand.

Our party consisted of two families 4 Adults & 3 Children.

We were told by Celine the Front of Desk Manager at the Boathouse that the work will last 18 months if it runs to schedule from 9am -6pm.

We arrived there at approx 2pm and were shown to our rooms which were on the building works side (left I think). It was very noisy, we were told that we could move over to the over side of the hotel but that would not be until the 11th April, as we were leaving on the 14th this was not acceptable.

We were shown one of the Rice Barges, but it was so hot & dark inside we decided we did not want to stay in one of them.

We walked down to the Beach & pool but you could still hear the noise, from the diggers, as this was supposed to be the relaxing part of the holiday we did not want to stay here and listen to the noise for the duration of our stay.

Celine the Front of Desk Manager went out of her way to try and find alternative rooms for us but these were unacceptable and in the end she moved us free of charge to their sister hotel the Imperial Samui. Everyone was so helpful at the Boathouse & the Imperial Samui and worked very hard to accomodate us.
One day we did go down to the Boathouse just to see what it would have been like and the noise was unbearable, we were glad we stuck to our guns about moving

We were so looking forward to staying at the Boathouse especailly after reading a lot of the reviews from the people on this forum, what could have been a nightmare holiday turned out to be great, we had a fantastic at the Imperial Samui, it was very relaxing just what we were looking for.
The Boathouse even sent us a basket of fruit.

We will try again for the Boathouse but not for a few years until the work has been completed
I'm glad it all ended up well in the end :D
Thanks Nicky

It doesnt sound too relaxing does it! i think we will make some enquiries to see if we can be moved. I would rather stay in a not so nice hotel and have a quiet peaceful stay. Rest is the priority for this week.

Has anyone else any experience?

thanks

Claire
we have contacted our tour operator and have been offered the Imperial Samui as an alternative hotel, but it will cost us £150 extra for the 2 of us for the week we are staying there.

based on experience what would you do? would you pay the extra money and go to this hotel instead, or would you stay with the Imperial Boathouse, see what its like when we get there, if its not acceptable see if we can get moved (presumably at no charge) and therefore run the risk that they wont move us because the other hotel is booked up, or because they dont want to etc!

we are travelling in June, is the resort likely to be busy at this time or are the odds on us being able to be moved likely - if necessary!

I really dont want the hassle of demanding to be moved and because of this I am tempted to pay the extra but am reluctant to do this because its not our fault there is building works going on (and admittedly its not the hotels either)

any thoughts to help us make the decision would be appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.