Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
glad you are enjoying it. You may find some useful info here
There are armed police walking on the beach. Dozy, sleepy and double dozy, The shack owners had to go to a meeting at the police station this morning and were told to look out for suspicious strangers, and to ask to look into peoples bags if they felt it nessesary on new years eve, despite all the hype the night market went ahead tonight, apart from the obvious extra security, helicopters, police, you would not think that we are in the middle of a terrorist threat, life carries on as normal, we will have a kingkisher and honeybee in toast to you all,

Happy Christmas,

Lin
There are also rumours flying about that Titos and Cubana have been forced to close for the next two weeks yet Titos had a massive Ad for their Xmas eve party in the paper today.
The goverment have issued a statement saying that it is pure rumour about the terrorist threat and that Goa are just following the same procedures as any other country in view of current terrorist activities across the world. In saying that, midnight mass at the big church in Panjim will take place inside the church and not out front on the steps which is apparently the norm.
I won't be letting the terrorists spoil my Christmas that's for sure, it'll be fun and frolics all round for me!!!

Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a safe and happy one!!!

GFF xxxx
GFF

how long are the markets closed for as we like to wander around them especially the saturday night one

we arrive on new years eve

bob
Hi Bob,

As Lin said the Saturday night market went ahead last night despite the rumours of cancellation and to my knowledge Anjuna market also took place on Wednesday. Goa loves a good bit of gossip and rumour and I think this terrorism thing is just that, it's getting stirred up by the press here and the rumour mongers are having a field day......in saying that it's good to see that the government are at least attempting to take it seriously.

GFF xx
Hi Boberty Bob

You could try Kingfisher boat trips for the fishing trip. Baz is on 9822180004 and Linda on 9822164740. They usually operate from Baga.

Hope you get fixed up!
GFF

thanks for info. lets hope it is all rumours

bob
anyone out there noticed anything different over the holiday
Bob, the airport in Goa is usually hectic anyway, so i dont think it would make too much of a difference really.

Although, on my last holiday to Goa earlier this year ive got to say there werent as many security checks as there were previous years
:) As I said on other thread I came back 10 days ago and they did not search hand luggage just before boarding the plane - they did in October and have done many times previously. The only difference I found was that instead of turning left after having visa checked we went right - straight through body check which is right by the waiting place (duty free etc). I have friends out there who were bothered initially but seem to think everythings ok at the moment (or they have just been drinking far too much and chilled completely out!)
not seen any extra police and i'm still lookng for one of the 400 lifeguards that where suposed to be patrolling the beaches
Bobety Bob
I can also recommend Kingfisher Boat trips, Baz and Linda are expats operating from baga beach, you'll find Baz(working hard) in Athens cafe at Baga - we've been using them since 2000 and have had some brilliant trips
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.