Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
wow what a rip off thats disgusting
sharon
Felts

Do you know where?
If you have any contacts in Goa,ask them and see if they will buy them for you - i will text my friend Ganesh and will let you know what he says and what the costs should be.
When the Aussies were there last time, it was one of the biggest ticket scams going and more forgeries were sold than genuine.
Fritz

Its to be played at Margao.
Don't do it!!!!

Tickets start at 150 - 200 rps (about £2.50) going up to 4000 - 5000 rps ( about £50 - £60) and for the higher price you will probably get to play!!

It is at Fatorda and a Goan guy told me they will go on sale 3-4 days before the match. I would assume you will be able to get them by other means before then but don't be ripped of by uk prices. I will let you know if I hear of a way of getting them there before general sale.

Sonofscouse
My husband,son & 3 friends including 2 Goans went to the Fatorda stadium in Margao to watch a football cup final between Maharastra and Goa in November there was a 40,000 crowd and the tickets cost Rs 40 (30p). How can you have been quoted £295? Does that include flight from UK?
its a great stadium... Was there on 1st of Feb this year with the lads from Marin shack for the match between Dempo and Mohan Bagan. Bit of a grudge match as the last time they played a Dempo player died after a bad tackle... :shock: Packed out stadium and as Julie said 40 Rps for the top seat..
At the risk of upsetting 95% of posters on thisn site, Cricket is a waste of a good Willow tree! And why anyone would want to pay that sort of money for a ticket is beyond me! bah Humbug! Just got back yesterday and the blu7es are reallyb kicking in. Will post a review for our accomodation - Lucia beach guest house, Candolim later when i get time!
Hope its a good review Kenny, I'm staying there at the end of January.... 8)
My Goan friend said exactly the same as sonofscouse, the tickets should be around 200rps unless you want the top seats.
Any news on ticket availability yet?
Gooner fan,

Iam emailing my friends in Goa next, it may take a few days for a reply but I know they will be on top of it. will let you know.

Sonofscouse

p.s. hope you turn over the mancs tonight!
Thanks sonofscouse... :lol:
going to goa in march staying at the marina dorada hotel can anybody tell me how far the cricket ground is from the hotel also do you know if we can buy crickets tickets in goa ( trying to get tickets for the enland v india in goa )
Yes you can buy tickets in Goa, there are several threads on this already, check out page 3.
As there will be quite an interest in this test I thought it best to make it a sticky for the time being!
The local papers state that the match is the 3rd April.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.