Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We paid the courier charge but didn't enclose SD envelopes and got them returned ok. Can't understand why they would need more money from you.
You either pay for the courier service, or you enclose pre-paid special delivery envelopes.

Go back on line, and I think you can find a copy of your receipt. This has a breakdown of everything paid, so you could email proof over to them.
thanks i will try that.....WHY do they make things so confusing !!!
Heaven only knows Jane. Fingers crossed for you. I'm sure you will have it all sorted in no time.

Actually, just thinking, did you pay 2 x £8.50 or just one payment?
Just a thought I have just received similar email and it could be you have misread it
Visas arrived this afternoon, obviously they don't check every detail!

Jane, perhaps copy the body of the e'mail and post it here for opinions.
The e-mail I received was fairly clear without mentioning payments etc.
here it is
on checking my receipt i dont hink i have paid it.. but i have paid them again and had a confirmation that they are on the way.....watch this they will have sent them back because they are not completed correctly !!! i will have to reach out for the wine bottle if that is the case !!!!

Dear Applicant,

A decision on your application reference number: ******has been made by the High Commission of India. Your processed passport/application has been received at the Indian Visa Application Centre and is ready for Collection/Courier.

If you haven’t paid for the Courier Fee and wish your processed passport to be sent to you by Next Day Courier/Saturday Delivery, please CLICK HERE to make a payment for the courier charges.

Please CLICK HERE for more information about the collection timings at the respective application centres.

Please ignore this message, if you have requested your processed passport to be returned to you via Post/Courier.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.
Morning Jane

Thats exactly what my e mail said so I gnored it as I had sent 2 SDE and they arrived back yesterday. sent last wed back tues 6 days from posting not bad

It says ignore if you have requested courier so I would wait a couple of days to see if they get sent back

:cheers
same as the one I got and I had already paid.
I ignored it and they arrived yesterday.

Incidentally Royal Mail is better than their courier service as RM deliver specials early morning here and courier arrived at 14.30 which meant cancelling appointments and waiting in all day
Jane

At the start of the second paragraph of the email it says if you haven't paid the courier fee, if you have it wont apply to you

The whole process is flawed, waiting for mine to arrive by DX today, yesterday I received 3 emails and 3 text messages one the same as yours, complete waste of time all they told me was that they had been dispatched, however the most important thing for me and not supplied,was the DX tracking number.

I was away from home not expecting them to be returned so soon I thought no problem have them redirected guess what you need the tracking number, so have driven home 100 miles to make sure I get them

As del said SD envelope better, arrives before 1pm and you know the tracking details, if you are out just collect from your local royal mail branch
i have a dx number, but when i checked the progress they now say it has been passed to a third party !!
probably because i am in jersey they may be passing it to DHL ...goodnesss knows where it will end up !!!
complete waste of time all they told me was that they had been dispatched, however the most important thing for me and not supplied,was the DX tracking number.

same here no tracking number, however I phoned DX and got a quick response from there by giving name and post code etc.
Still was unable to get an ETA and wasn't allowed to get a neighbour to accept delivery though,

next year, if we go, I will use PO.
Don't forget that next year the whole application procedure goes out for tender again, so if VFS are for any reason unsuccessful, we may have a whole new procedure to get to grips with!
Received ours today but can't help feeling have been taken for a mug, its cost around £240 and a load of hassle to be allowed entry into a 3rd world country for a few weeks holiday. will not return after this year
I , and I guess many others, fully understand that point of view.
well they have arrived all present and correct !! i have now scanned them to my email, just incase they should go missing!!!!....thats the panic over as you say at £240 it does make you think about returning again, but i still cant wait to get there

thanks for all your replies and happy holidays to you all
J
I am thinking the same. 5 star AI in Sharm for 10 days £700. no visa hassles, no hotel before flying, local airport and shorter flight

:think :think
Hi, Just trying to fill in the visa application and got to the part that says 'have you been to India before?' - we have been, a couple of times, the last being 3 years ago. A mandatory part is to put in the last visa numbers - We don't have these as we now have new passports. Help! ...the only option I can see is to say we've not been before. Has anyone else had this problem?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.