Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Indian Visa
3272 Posts
Thank you for your help I will put a note in with the application and keep my fingers crossed
Hi has anyone used the new visa centre which was opened last week in Leicester ?
Hi all....
why does this "do" your head-in every year.....
Been filling in these forms since Easter 2000 and still cannot get my head around them :duh
Filled in and sent off on 27th December....
For the first time ive used the tracker to see how things are getting on !!!!
It states that they received and procesed them on 2nd January.....but it also says "Application processed and sent to Consulate General for further assesment"...is this normal :que
Please help to put my mind at rest.....thanks.
Could be wrong but I don't think it said quite that on my application.
It did say "application processed and passed to the consulate" (or words to that effect) but I can't remember the " further assesment " bit.
As I said, I could easily be wrong and maybe did say that.
I found it interesting that we have just got our visa back.This was done by the tour operater and the form was about a third less than doing it online
Was the costing any different?
I guess the visa was the same price but was the handling cheaper?
The Visa was the same price and they charged £34-99 for doing it and return by special delivery. When we booked there didn't appear to be the option of DIY. It did make it very easy but costly, I assumed they wanted to do it to make sure people had a Visa, I did go to America and there were couple at Heatrow that had not got a clue what a ESTA was
Slightly dearer option then.
maybe worth it for the lessening of stress!
Hi del949.... :cheers

Panic over....well 50% of it is....mine arrived this morning..(.posted on 30th December...arrived on 4th January....also Indian Consulate closed on January 1st...not bad )
Wifes still in transit.... :que

Only problem is, im at work this morning, wife signed for the passport and she says she is keeping it until hers arrives...
Is this classed as blackmail... :duh
Is this classed as blackmail..

No, not blackmail.........MARRIAGE! ;)
Just interested, did you or wife (likes port wine) do the online application ?
Hi manxcat....(port wine...April 2009...Many thanks for that :cheers )
Yes...i did both through on-line applications....?????
I thought everyone had to do the on-line application and print them off - regardless of whether you were posting to Hayes or taking them to one of the VFS offices.....?
Hi del949...panic over...the wives passport/visa has just arrived.... :tup
Roll on the 25th January.... :cheers
hi Noggin I was only asking as I am the one every year that does the dratted application ,if OH's had arrived back before mine I'd have hung on to his until mine arrived too,but as you did the applications I'll let you off :)
At least now you can look forward we all get a bit tetchy waiting for the visas Enjoy :cheers
Hi manxcat....many thanks.... :cheers

Hi del949....travelling around India for two weeks then on to Goa......Staying at the Ticlo in Calangute...we have been staying there since 2000...not a palace but central and great staff..... :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.