Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
More changes for Indian visa now means appointment to be made before tourist visa issued. Ho hum....
I'm having a horrible time getting my visa processed. First I didnt realise I work for media. Then i send my letter from my employer saying I wont work in India - This takes 2 weeks for my passport to come back etc..then they say My application is sent to the commission - they send me a message saying i need the letter which i have just sent! i freak out - they say oh sorry we overlooked it. My tracking is still showing as additional documents needed but they have sent me a message saying its being processed....Is the tracker really delayed? I really hope someone is looking into my application. I only have 10 working days left :( so stressful
What is the latest with the visa situation?

I am confused by the websites.

The Indian HC website states as of the 20th March....

Taking into account the feedback received on outsourcing of Indian visa services, a list of FAQs pertaining to visa applications has been prepared to further assist the visa applicants.

Q1: Have visa services been outsourced to the service provider?
A1: The process of collection of visa applications and disbursal of processed passports has been outsourced to VF Worldwide Holdings Ltd. (VFW), with effect from March 1, 2015. VFW operates 14 visa application centres in the UK. A list of all visa application centres and the process of applying for visa services is available on the VFW website
Q2: Is biometric data collection mandatory while applying for a visa?
A2: Biometric data collection has not been introduced.
Q3: Do I need to visit a VFW application centre in person for submitting a visa application?
A3: Personal presence of an applicant for submitting a visa application is not mandatory. A family member or a nominee is entitled to submit a visa application on behalf of the applicant, provided he/she is able to produce a letter of authorisation signed by the applicant.
Q4: Do I need to book a prior appointment before visiting a VFW application centre for submitting a visa application?
A4: Yes. All applicants/authorised nominees, except in emergency cases (medical/dealth) are required to book a prior online appointment to submit visa applications at the VFW centre to ensure faster and reliable service.
Q5: How can I book a prior appointment before visiting a VFW application centre for submitting a visa application?
A5: Prior appointments with VFW can be booked online by following the instruction for "Appointment & Online Payment" link on the website of the service provider Please be advised that while booking an appointment, you would need to provide the GBR number located on your filled-in online visa application form and your passport number.
Q6: Can I submit a visa application through post/courier?
A6: Yes. However, applications received through post/courier would need additional processing time of at least two weeks. It is further clarified that incomplete/incorrect applications would be returned. To avoid such inconvenience, it is preferable to submit applications with prior online appointment in person or through authorised nominee.

March 20, 2015

VFS states this....

Mandatory collection of Biometric Data for visa applicants has been deferred until further notice
Scheduling appointment to visit the application centre is now mandatory effective 16 March 2015.
All applicants are advised to book their travel plan upon obtaining the appropriate visa. VFS will not be responsible for any loss for any bookings made in anticipation of obtaining a Visa.
All India Visa and Consular Services Centres will remain closed on 14 April 2015 on account of Ambedkar Jayanti

Wife and I have been to Goa many times and last Xmas thought we would try something new. We went to Jamaica but missed Goa terribly.

We intended to return this Xmas and with friends we met in Jamaica. But as usual, the information above is contradictory.

Thanks

Graham
Graham
It was announced a few weeks ago that no postal applications would be accepted so you needed to apply in person at one of the centres and had to have an appointment.

HCI have since back-tracked and now accept postal applications.

It's pretty poor that the websites are not in sync with each other. In fact, up to a few days ago 2 separate pages of HCI website gave contradictory information about postal applications. That may still be the case, I've not looked.

They seem clear that they will - at some stage - introduce biometric data and that of course would mean attending a centre.

However, it may be that they will introduce Visa-on-arrival for us Brits.

At this time, nobody knows what the process will be when people going to Goa are ready to apply for visas, that's a good 6 months away and lots of things may change.
Thx PPC.

I guess I will get my visa in June or July as I want to go for Xmas. Not happy about paying £164 each tho!
Why £164 each?

And why 5 - 6 months before you travel?

You do realise it starts from day of issue, not day of travel?
Good questions from botany bay.

Graham:
be careful you are not unknowingly using an agent.

Current 6 month visa cost is £89.44 per person.

If I were going at Xmas, I'd never apply so early for my visa in case they decide to give a 3 month one.
And if you are only going once for less than 30 days, visa-on-arrival may be introduced later in the year which will almost certainly be cheaper than the current process.
I'd wait for developments.
Prettypollycat, my friend is going to Goa for her birthday around January. I've advised her she needs Visa etc as she wasn't aware. When would you suggest she applies as I'm anxious that she gets it sorted in time but not too early :duh

Hi Glynis
Lots of changes & uncertainty around the visa process at the moment.

We usually go mid to late November and apply around the second week in October - about 4 or 5 weeks before travel.
We apply by post and are very careful in completing the forms - even after all these years. I've just renewed my passport and it had 9 Indian visas in it.

There is usually a very good guide to completing the application form on the Tripadvisor Goa board but it's been taken down at the moment as there is so much uncertainty.
A very good lady is working on it & it will be up as soon as thing become clearer - certainly in time for your friend to apply.

As you may have read, there is talk of visa-on-arrival.
If this happens, you will complete the form on-line in advance of your trip and get pre-approval to travel.
You won't need to send in your passport as you do currently.
VOA will be available for trips of 30 days or less.

If VOA is not introduced, it's likely that your friend will need to attend a centre to provide fingerprints if they have got that system up and running.

So - best thing is to wait and keep reading.
Everybody is in the same boat of uncertainty.
People will start to apply for visas in Sept/Oct so there'll be a lot of advice for your friend by the time she should be thinking of applying.

I'm sure new developments will be discussed on here as they are announced.
Thank you very much Polly. Will keep my eyes peeled :tup

It's her 60th birthday in January and originally was thinking of going to Cape Verde with her husband. Husband suggested that their friends go with them. The wife of the friend suggested Goa & they went ahead and booked. Jackie wasn't aware of the visa palavar, & now says she would never have booked had she known. Poor lass.

Thanks again.

:wave:
Glynis
it's not worth your friend worrying about the visa process (it might not be a palaver at all if VOA is introduced) or regretting booking the holiday at this early stage.

All she needs to do is make sure her passport has at least 2 blank pages and has 180 days validity left on it at the time she will be applying and keep her eye on what is happening.
Is it still the old style visas rather than the biometric stuff?
Hi
The high commission of india are saying E-tourist visa extended to UK nationals from 15 August 2015
Just had email from The Goa Experience saying this comes in from August 15th! Fingers crossed.
If its true bout the e-tourist visa coming in to place from 15th aug , does that mean that a british person with a irish passport is included in the uk nationals list ?
Will try and make this as easy to read as I can, goin to goa in nov 2015, yesterday I popped in to travel agent were I booked holiday and the lovely guy there said both myself and hubbie can get a E-TOURIST VISA I was a bit confused becos altho im british, from belfast and hold a irish passport I didnt know if I should be classed as irish /british on visa , guy said if pasport said irish im irish even tho im british, so that cleared that up, he said just go fill out the forms on line make a appointment with visa office here in belfast andit will get sorted, hubbie is ok hes from england and holds a british pasport so he dont need to worry , fingers crossed this time will be easier than the other times ive had to get a visa, lol
This a mine field for people going for the first time.

I always book on line but so glad i checked up on this at a thomson shop who advised
us not to book untill we have visa.
We are planning on going to goa and do the golden triangle for 5 days in march 2016.

However we like to pay off bit by bit but have been advised by the indian commission not
to appy for visa until 45 days before trip, which will be january time.

What sort of things do they take into account for not issuing a visa. We have no convictions or anything
like that, i am a nurse and husband a delivery driver.

Also what documents do we need to take to the interview? I am so confussed

Thank you all
Everyone books before getting the visa. Unless you are going for longer than 30 days you can now get an e-visa on line but do not get this too far in advance as it will be dated from when you apply and will only last for 30 days. I have been going for over 16 years and book my flight in February for travel in the following November but do not apply for my visa until October, I go for 3 months so cannot get an e-visa but I have never been refused.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.