Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
done mine /hubbies threw indian office here in Belfast, took everything down last tus, and as the lady explained to us we will get a few txts telling us how its being processed and wen its ready for dispatch via courier, well its all done and dusted there on there way to us from today got the txts , soit was really a quick 6 day turn around from last tus till today, can breath easy now knowing that part is done as we are away on the 3rd nov
Just to say visa,s have just come. Vey quick service. I'll rem that for next time
BrenLiz wrote:
Everyone books before getting the visa. Unless you are going for longer than 30 days you can now get an e-visa on line but do not get this too far in advance as it will be dated from when you apply and will only last for 30 days. I have been going for over 16 years and book my flight in February for travel in the following November but do not apply for my visa until October, I go for 3 months so cannot get an e-visa but I have never been refused.

Not strictly true BrenLiz, I applied yesterday and received e-visa today it says; "you can arrive in India between 02/10/2015 to 05/11/15
Visa is valid for 30days from the date of entry.
AllanMarian. :tup
our visa are for 180 days ....... but not a e ticket visa, we did it threw indian office here in Belfast
Sorry about that, the e-visa is obviously dated differently to the long term visa. Have a great holiday.
BrenLiz wrote:
Sorry about that, the e-visa is obviously dated differently to the long term visa. Have a great holiday.

was thinking that myself, we will thanks
Hello.could i ask how do you apply for an e visa and how much are they.
Many thanks
cartman wrote:
Many thanks

I took everything we needed down to visa indian office here in Belfast and done it that way, british visa was £96.00 mine cos its irish was £40.00 hope this helps. go on applying for a visa.....on line and take it from there we only printed off the forms took them down and the lady in office done it for us, you will need to take 50mmx50mm pics with you as well
nannyto3girls wrote:
cartman wrote:
Many thanks

I took everything we needed down to visa indian office here in Belfast and done it that way, british visa was £96.00 mine cos its irish was £40.00 hope this helps. go on applying for a visa.....on line and take it from there we only printed off the forms took them down and the lady in office done it for us, you will need to take 50mmx50mm pics with you as well

ps ours were not evisa they were done the normal way. I thk e visa is ony for 30 days from date on visa if im right, were ours are for 180 days from visa date and it didn't take long max I thk was 6 days including the weekend which it would of been closed so im saying 4 days in total sent via signed courier
Hi have been looking into this myself,as I understand it you apply to India tourist e visa website,between 4&30 days before entry into India,the Visa is valid for 30 days from the day of arrival.
You will need to upload passport identification page & 2 of the larger size photos,the cost is $60 not sure how much that is in £s but if you are going for less than 30 days works out cheaper!
Previously we have got 2 uses out of the 6mth visa but taking into account the cost of postage(live on Isle of Man) this will still work out cheaper!
Once the Visa is approved you need to print it off & it is stamped on arrival.
Hope this is of some help,& I have got it right.Good Luck
manxcat wrote:
Hi have been looking into this myself,as I understand it you apply to India tourist e visa website,between 4&30 days before entry into India,the Visa is valid for 30 days from the day of arrival.
You will need to upload passport identification page & 2 of the larger size photos,the cost is $60 not sure how much that is in £s but if you are going for less than 30 days works out cheaper!
Previously we have got 2 uses out of the 6mth visa but taking into account the cost of postage(live on Isle of Man) this will still work out cheaper!
Once the Visa is approved you need to print it off & it is stamped on arrival.
Hope this is of some help,& I have got it right.Good Luck

seems like a lot of hard work that , only to get the visa for 30 days, ours threw indian office here in Belfast took from tues when it was handed in till tues the following week in my hand delivered via courier, so not counting the weekend it took 4 days, 180 days on visa. when I sent them away a few yrs back it took 2 days for hubbies as his is british passport and hes been there 17times b4, were mine was a irish passport and had to jump threw loops to prove I was british not irish and it cost a bomb more than I wanted to pay, but had to be done,plus it took 15 days to clear and get back to me. so thk ill be doin it this easy way in future, just taking it all down to office
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.