Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Mandy is the hostess i know, yellow belly, and has been brilliant any time we have been with her :)
I shall see what i can do, wee todd, will get back to you
cider, will you please say hi to mandy for us she had a soft spot for my little one and he was really upset when we didn't come home on her coach
she may remember us as the family with 5 lads that she was surprized had been really well behaved (they surprized me too)
please could someone help....i have heard a rumour on the mass grapevine of cumbria that costa brava direct is being taken over by travel interbrava?any information would be helpfull as i have travelled with c b d for 2 years now and find them to be one of the best operators ive used,the reps on-site are especially good,i wont mention any names,but she will know who she is when i say she is an excellent singer and has the most infectious laugh,hopefully she will still be there when i go back!!!!
just a wee note wee note, hi cider remember we were talking about the company impact that i truly loved going on holiday to estartit with, you said that redcrest where the same company, well when i called to book through redcrest i got the manager who happened to answer the calls he was giving me the friendly sales chat have you ben before etc and he also confirmed that tehy used to be known as impact and he worked for impact too, just a wee connection but who is to say that in ten years time people who loved redcrest and never came on here or ehard about them going bust wont call up interbrava lets say and be told casually that yes they where redcrest and that the manager is a guy who worked for redcrest just as i was informed about impact- dont know if imapct went bust or hurt people when business ceased but just a wee thought!
My memory might be off (drink and old age) but from what i remember, Impact was taken over by another company, and the people who sold it (the original owners) went on to form Redcrest, so there was a short time when both companies were in operation at the same time (although i might be wrong) Impact went under, whilst Redcrest survived ..... so im not sure it was the same as the whole Redcrest / interbrava thing. What you may also find is that (i have been told) there is some continuation of office staff who once worked for Redcrest, being re-employed by Interbrava ... you may find that some of those people were originally with the old Impact company too :)
I dont think, though, that we will ever find out the true nature of the relationship between Redcrest's demise, and the new Interbrava company, and staff continuing to emphasise these links isnt really a great idea i dont think!!
hi there, i have just came back from a week in calella de pallafrugel. 8) i booked the accomodation with costa brava direct and the coach through interbrava. i was a wee bit worried about going after reading some of the posts, but it was "very very" similar to when we went with redcrest. the hostess was 1 we had had before with redcrest. the reps at the resort were the same. they said costa brava direct had always owned the accomodation at c d p and they had leased them to redcrest, the girls seemed really happy with things the way they are. there aren't many people going to c d p there was only a handful of us getting dropped off there, and we were the only ones being picked up. when we dropped off at estartit i recognised a lot of the reps faces from previous years so i don't think things have changed very much at all!! i had a great time and the coach journeys were fine( though i think this may be my last 1 as my knees were absolutley killing me by the time we got to resort :cry: ) the hostesses were brilliant and the choices of food they had for you were great :D
joyce.
well what can i say a blast from the past , i used to be a host on the old impact holidays which was owned and run by the old directors of redcrest and then sold to beachcomber holidays , then redcrest opend and ran in competiton with impact holidays , then impact and beachcomber went bust leaving people stranded all over spain , italy , france . then one of the beachcomber-impact bosses started HEATWAVE holidays who lasted 1 season before going bust with no abta cover .

so i hope that helps a bit

i also worked for seasun tent treck holidays untill they went bust as well , what bad luck ive had

happy holidays
Hi,

Were going to castell montgri soon, we have three sensible children, however we are concerned about entertainment on the coach, could someone let me know how well equiped the coaches are with dvd's etc. I can't cope with the "are we there now" all the way to spain

Thanks
There's another topic on here about the entertainment, but i'll fill you in anyway :)
The interbrava coaches have a four channel entertainment system which are (as far as i remember!)

CH1 - Radio
CH2 - Single CD
CH3 - Multi CD
CH4 - DVD Video

CH4 obviously only works when a DVD is put on, but is a lot better than having to strain to listen, or be made profoundly deaf, depending on your location in the coach :lol:

The other are great, although you sometimes have to jog the memory to get the single CD changed ... maybe the kids should take some of their favs on with them and ask for them to be played!

CH1 was the one i listened to most, although there was a slight habit of just getting used to a radio station and it changed ... perhaps they need to knock the RDS off!!

All in all, though, it's a great system - add in a game of bingo, quizzes, and the race night that they do, and it's all good fun :)
cheers really appreciate your reply
No probs .. you will find that the entertainment systems are a big improvement on what they used to have :)
I remember all this with all the old names you must of been there in the heat of it bigg, late 80's ealry 90's were the hay days of coach holidays, i think there are only a handfull of the companies from that time left CC Siesta Ferris' to name a few all have changed through buy outs etc but in the early days Impact were thought to of been like the best of the best always ran new top of the range coaches with distinctive black and yellow paint work either lightning or roads painted up the sides, (i do remember 1 white 1) i remember sitting in the coach park watching probably 30 or 40 coach loads come in and out with various companies such as Intersun Seasun, Sunshine Coast (always ran midideckers), CC, Siesta, beachcomber, Harry Shaw, there were loads, its just a pitty it couldn't of carried on,its demise was when some high hoper bought a few of them out and started Coach Europe, what a fopar they were thats when it all went down bank people lost faith and went back to flying, i hope that interbrava take back some of the original impact traites and get coach holidays and Castel montgri back on the map for good........
My my ... the memories!!

I've been with Seasun, Sunshine Coast, and Impact!!!! ..... seems like a long long time ago!

I remember Harry Shaw, but they didn't go from Scotland, neither do Ferris, so those are companies that don't really stick in my mind (ye know, i've NEVER EVER seen a Ferris bus!!)

As for Interbrava ..... well, they are doing a fantastic job! Twice we went with them this year, and both times were excellent :) I only have two other options in Siesta and Club C, and neither really impressed me from what i saw this year .... don't know if there will ever be a return to the hey-day of coaching hols, in fact some look as if they were on their last legs, but who knows ... air fares WONT stay low forever - things may just change again!! :D
.... but if im heading to Spain next year, it will be Interbrava im 99% sure! They have shaken off this false association with Redcrest and did a grand job - so what if some of the staff remain from Redcrest - aren't they entitled to a new job with a new company! :lol:
I booked a 2 week stay at Castell Montgri for next July by coach about a month ago with Inter Brava, had a letter from them this morning saying that they are no longer offering coach inclusive holidays due to fuel and ferry costs!
So I can either make my own way there or cancel.

:( :( :(
Ah well, two weeks at the caravan for me next year :(
I nagged them a month or so back as to where the new brochure was as it was supposed to be out well over a month back, i guess this explains the delay

I'm baffled by it ... why not just put the prices up to cover it? (They get a lot of cheap fuel outside of the UK too!!) Considering they also took over from a company with a coach travel background (Redcrest) and inherited a lot of their customers, they have now just pushed a huge chunk of their custom (including myself as i won't fly!) over to their competitors .. doesn't strike me as the cleverest of moves! (A great percentage of the people i spoke to last year with Interbrave had previously travelled by coach, and with Redcrest)

With this in mind i've asked them not to send me anymore 'junk mail' as they no longer offer me a travel option

Thank you very much Interbrava, you have let a lot of people down badly, especially those who enjoyed your hols so much they booked up early only to be let down at this stage (and after arranging holidays from work, etc) ... i'm beginning to think that taking my holidays in the UK is going to be a better option, these travel companies don't deserve our money or loyalty :(
Blackpool for me now.
You and me both, mate!!! ... a wee shot on the Big One, and a walk along the south pier .. excellent! :lol:

I hadn't booked up, but was waiting to see the brochure when it came out and had every intention of booking up for CD Palafrugell again as we loved it in September .... i won't be doing that now, this has totally ruined my plans, and i guess i'm not the only customer they will lose. More importantly, my heart goes out to the staff that will no doubt have lost jobs through this move!

Baffling!?!?!? :?: :!:
Hi. I was looking through this site because I hear that Interbrava has stopped using their coaches. Also, Ferris have stopped their coaches travelling into Salou. My family and I have always used Siesta Holidays as we find their coaches and accommodation of a high standard and more importantly, value for money. As stated in their brochure, they have been going for 28 years so I can feel assured that they will probably last another 28 years! They must be doing something right! :D
PollyK your isp suggests you work for Siesta :no
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.