Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Ha ha! Still going strong! Come on guys, get your 2008 hols booked. Tried the rest now try the best.
How sad ... i hope the mods keep this on, but i can see it being removed pretty shortly
No need to remove it. As long as you're all aware...... :wink:

luci :wave
Good for you, Luci

i'm sure people on here will make their own mind up :)
You're quite right Cider (hope you are well by the way), we can make up our own mind and to me a dirty sneaky post like that would mean I would never book with Siesta, since they have to go pimping like that!

Shame about Interbrava though.

Catherine xxx
Hi ... yeah, i'm doing fine.

Aye, it's a shame about interbrava, maybe their staff should have registered on here and promoted it more sneakily, eh? :lol:
I got a reply from Interbrava today, after emailing them to ask that i be removed from their mailing list following their decision

Still don't agree ... don't think they gave their new operation a chance - what a waste! :(
CiderMonster - you must be so disappointed about Interbrava :(

Have you considered driving there yourself? :?

After years of coach travel we decided to drive ourselves to Malgrat the last two years and it was really good. We had two overnight stops on the way (one in Dover to get an early shuttle and one in France), but it meant we got there feeling refreshed, after sleeping in a bed and not cramped up in a coach with a load of strangers snoring all night!! :oops:

My husband did most of the driving, but I drove for a couple of hours once we were on the French motorway (I didn't fancy tackling the roundabouts!!), the boys (12 and 16) had a box full of DVDs to watch on players attached to the headrests and were good as gold, we could stop when we wanted for as long (or short) as we wanted, plus we had the car to use when we got to the hotel (we went to Estartit beach for the day, past the Castell Montgri, which reminded me of you!) :wink:

We have a sat nav which made the journey so easy, and the tolls and petrol stations were simple enough.

You sound as fearful of flying as me, so I would thoroughly recommend driving yourself as an alternative to coach travel, we'll definitely be doing it again :D
I recently emailed Interbrava just to ask if they had any plans to reinstate their coaches at all in forthcoming seasons.

What i found out is that they have been running some limited experimental coach holidays, where the coach actually stays in resort rather than the usual shuttle back and forward service. As someone who enjoyed their excellent service, this is good news ....

.. however, i'm baffled at the fact i've only heard about this now!!! :que Can anyone on here tell me that they were aware of Interbrava doing this??? Just being nosey as usual!! :rofl
HI inter did let me know in May about these holidays, and so did julie too.you were asked if you would like to go and the dates, now that my daughter and her new husband who now live on the sea frount at calella and now rent apptments by the sea there l will only need there coach have fun sue x
I was obviously not told as i asked to be removed from the mailing list once they stopped doing the coaches, but then they decided to .... do coaches again

Bit of a catch 22 situation!!!
yes sorry if i get any more info i will let you know.These thinks do happen will keep you posted :yikes
Well well well
Never thought I would be leaving a message here but glad i found it
I worked as a rep for impact holidays around 1991 and I can only say it was a combo of the best and worst summer of my life :(
I arrived in estartit to work for impact after turning down club 18-30) where we had to help erect tents( this was when reps did proper work.lol) for a few days and we were then collected by van by my new resort manager on the way the driver lost control and we smashed into a tree that just happened to be 8 yards from a cliff edge of around 500 metres
Welcome to Spain eh :D
Alas we got to my chosen resort where I would be working which was la siesta in calella de palafrugell and i was there for 2 months before being shipped out to france to a place called camp marisol or colditz as the clients called it.lol
I say shipped out it was more that I was sent (so I was told) to save the day using my entertainment skills lol when in fact it was due to my so called resort manager being a local drug dealer who also half way through the season ripped me of for £500 from the money she was meant to be saving for me.
You couldn't make it up
So as I say there I am in france where week by week impact was heading for diaster .at one point i wasn't paid for 2 months not too mention our reps caravan going up in flames :really and throw in a customer revolt took place due to shoddy food and sub standard caravans

That said the clients for the most part could see that we (the reps) were not too blame and were trying our best though they could also see that the management and top brass were nowhere to be seen
as it was the writing was on the wall as Im Led to believe that was the year impact went bust.
That said for me it was the biggest learning curve of my life and even though all of these crazy things happened to me I wouldn't change it for the world.i was a young 17 year old student and I met amazing clients and workmates sadly most of whom I have never seen again
Ahh the memories
Bigg wrote:
well what can i say a blast from the past , i used to be a host on the old impact holidays which was owned and run by the old directors of redcrest and then sold to beachcomber holidays , then redcrest opend and ran in competiton with impact holidays , then impact and beachcomber went bust leaving people stranded all over spain , italy , france . then one of the beachcomber-impact bosses started HEATWAVE holidays who lasted 1 season before going bust with no abta cover .

so i hope that helps a bit

i also worked for seasun tent treck holidays untill they went bust as well , what bad luck ive had

happy holidays

Hi big
Seems we both had the bad luck if you see my post further down.lol
It wouldn't surprise me if we crossed patches at some point.
When were you with impact
Wow, I haven't been on HT in a few years but got a notification that a reply had been posted on this thread. So here I am...........

*off to find the Turkey forum again* :D
Welcome back Scottishmum lovely to see you again :tup
Thanks Glynis. Good to see some "old faces" are still around :D
Hey scottish mum
I guess that was my fault as I. Guess you read my big long message and then my quote :cheers
So its my fault I'm afraid though I take full credit for inspiring you to come back. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.