Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Sorry to hear about your holiday, Johnny.....i suppose at the very least, even though it took time, it did show the value of booking with an abta bonded company.

Have to say that is what concerned me about Interbrava to start with.....the fact that i was on their mailing list straight away, as i guess most of us who got a Redcrest brochure last year would be! Can anyone on here answer why this would be the case? Have Interbrava 'taken on' part of the bankrupted company of Redcrest, entitling them to the list of names? Otherwise, surely if it was an ex-redcrest member of staff (and im not insinuating a director here, just maybe office staff) just took that database across, wouldnt that be against the data protection act, after all none of us agreed for this new company to take our details? I would love to know!
Does anyone know the name and address of the official company receiver for Redcrest Holidays?
Can't help im afraid, not sure where you would find that out - and not sure the mods would like it mentioned on here anyway.

Good luck with your search :)
If you call the redcrest office number there will probably be an answering machine message directing you to who the receivers are. It might be too late now though as its been 5 months since they went under.

HTH

C x
as far as we know up to the end of january no receiver had been appointed so in the eyes of the law redcrest were still trading. However it appears that steps are now being taken to appoint an official receiver
Hello all,

I know that some of the views that have been expressed by new members on this topic have not gone down too well due to looking a bit suspect.

I have only just found out about this web page and have been very interested in the information that has been displayed.

I myself have feel i have been treated very unfairly by Redcrest Holidays and will admit to feeling very bitter towards them, However i do know for fact that there are at least 3 office members working for the new company they may not be directors but one at was office manager and the director mentioned is working for the company in an advisory role,paid or un paid i am not sure? This is how the client lists have been passed on rightly or wrongly again im not sure? This is how directors slip through the net and i am sure that everyone will agree that for the safety of holiday makers booking the law should be tightened.

A reciever for redcrest has been apointed and as a former employee i have attended meetings and court cases to try and resolve the situation of our unpaid wages etc.

I am sure that Interbrava will give the best service they can to anyone booking a holiday with them. The office staff at redcrest always tried their best to make sure the clients were happy at all times troughout traveling and booking and i am sure that interbrava will be run in the same way!

I have also had a look on the website and i believe that Interbrava are bonded wich gives you greater cover should the worst happen.

I am not in anyway trying to deter people from booking their holidays through this company as L'Estartit is a wonderful place and i do hope that there is another way of people getting there to enjoy their hol's. But i do feel that people need to know that some past staff and clients do still feel very bitter and the comments made about the phoenix rising from the ashes are spot on. for those of us who worked all year round for the company it was a huge blow and life hasnt been the easiest since looking for alternative work, Managing households with a low income and also the string of court cases and corespondence that go with being involved with a company who have gone into liquidation.

i am not on here to have a winge about how hard done to i feel but i do have info that may help others regarding recievers etc anyone please get in touch with me an also i can give you all info i know about the new company. :)
Joandra ..... great post, and some fantastic points. You are correct, some of the posters havent been taken seriously cos it has just been quick 'one post' comments (libellous at times!) that have just reeked of disgruntled people, but you have made your point very well, and i truly do sympathise with what happened to you - i loved the redcrest staff when i was staying in Castell Montgri, great people who did not deserve what happened. I was always a fan of Redcrest, it is well known on this board, so i was kinda accused of the opposite bias when it came to this new company .... but like most people, i only want what is best for the holidaymakers :)
I shall give my views on what you have said about the new company...

1) Former office workers? Well, personally, i knew that already, and dont have any qualms about these people gaining new employment with the company (although i think it wasnt the wisest thing to employ people to put out a brochure practically identical to Redcrests) These people were not directors so i dont have an issue

2) Former director? That is where i would object. Paid or unpaid, if some director of Redcrest is involved in any way, then it is a disgrace! This clearly shows the need for a law change if this is the case!

3) Contact details given to the new company? This is a weird one to me! The only way i could see that being allowed is if Interbrava actually bought out part of Redcrest after it's liquidation .... otherwise all those details should never have been transferred, and it's surely in contradiction to the data protection act .... did anyone give Redcrest permission to pass on their details? I know i certainly didnt!!!

4) Interbrava? Well, good luck to the new company, i will be watching with interest (not going to the Costas this year) I'm certainly looking forward to reading the feedback on here

5) Ongoing court cases? I can only wish you the best of luck, and i personally hope EVERYONE who has been left short-changed by this farce gets what is rightly theirs ..... good luck and fingers crossed from me :)
Going with Interbrava to Castell Montgri this Saturday 20th May! (hope so anyway! )

Will let you know what they are like!

I can't understand why I recieved a Redcrest brochure in December if they had already gone under?

used Redcrest since selwyns 'Sunrider' went under at the camp!

The staff at Castell Montgri advised me to use Interbrava!
:lol: Went with Interbrava to Castell Montgri on 20/05/06
Coach late by one hour picking us up sat Knutsford services! I thought here we go! what type of run is this going to be!
Couldn't of been more wrong!

Mandy the Hostess was brilliant! (used to work for Redcrest) she worked tirelessly throughout the day and night!!!

I smoke, so the ten minute break every two hours including through the night was perfect for me!

We took no longer getting there than as usual with redcrest except the breaks were much shorter! I personnally liked that.

The reps at Castell Montgri were very informative to those whom had never been there before! They constantly asked if anything was needed!

The journey home was no different! Excellent! It is the best coach journey I have had there and back!

I only wish Castell Montgri itself was like it used to be! Unfortunately prices have gone through the roof at the camp But as said before there is a Lidl just aross the road!

When I first went too the camp they had chickens roasting the size of turkeys stuffed with Tomatoes, Herbs and spices! They were delicious! Now you get a chicken the size of a pidgeon and no stuffing! the cost is five times the nice ones we used to get!

I know that when you were a teenager it was great getting served under age and experiencing lifes first loves and hangovers!

Although as a parent to grown up girls now! (thankfully never caused me too much heartache) I dislike the teens getting drunk! I believe they should enjoy themselves and learn by experience! BUT! serving CHILDREN obviously only thirteen or fourteen is a common thing in the Disco and Karaoke (piano) bars!! I believe it's because they are short of custom! (it was very quite even for the begining of season)

Also I'm afraid it's full of lads and lads and girls and girls! Anybody's sexuall preference is of no concern to me! But to throw it in your face all the time is a no-no as far as I'm concerned!

Alas I think it's time my family and Castell Montgri parted! But I will not forget the seven or eight holidays we had there!
Good luck to Interbrava for the future! :D
we had mandy as our hostess when we went last year(when redcrest went down, we were out there) and she was lovely, its great to hear that interbrava are doing a good job i hope soon they do some other places besides the campsite, altho i think its great there i do like to be in the town and also i would like to try eslewhere on the coast.
castell montgri and the interbrava team are all great people. very help full and a pleasant stay in estartit!!!!!
  • Edited by coolman 2006-06-13 16:33:06
hi there, just joined this site though i have been reading the topics for a wee while. I used to go to callela de pallafrugel nearly every year for the past 6 or 7 years with redcrest, but i didn't go the year they ceased trading so i knew nothing about it till i got the brochure through the door from interbrava direct, but i found they only went to estartit!! :cry: . About 8 weeks ago i got a brochure through from costa brava direct doing the accomodation in c d p. and giving interbavas number for the coach journey i have booked to go away on the 5th july but after reading a few of the posts i'm now wandering have i done the right thing??? any information would be gratefully recieved.
I wouldnt worry to much, havent heard any negative things about Interbrava in their first year, and knowing some of the great people who are working on the coaches you will be fine :)
Travelled with InterBrava last month and had a brill time. The staff were great starting from the uk office down to resort staff. The weather was great for May and stayed in the Elite in the white area. Having been to Castell Montgri before with other operators including the deceased Redcrest. I advise anybody not to be put of Interbrava - things can only get better!!!
Glad you enjoyed it! Do you know if any of the original Redcrest staff are still working for Inter Brava at Castell Montgri?
Thanks cidermonster, thanks yellow belly for your reply's. yellow belly sorry to be a nusience but did the coach sell any hot food or was it just the usual pot noodles and snacks??

thanks again
joyce.
Joyce,

If you want i will email one of the hostesses for you and find out what she is serving this year :lol:

(seriously, i know two people who work on the coaches!)
Had Mandy as the hostess- what a hard working gem! Nothing is to much bother to her. They serve a good selection of hot and cold snacks and had a good selection of beverages, Saves you having to wait in service stations and pay expensive prices. Had good journies both ways it's so much better and quicker when you have no change of coach. A few of the reps on site were ex redcrest and as usual everything was spot on
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.