Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
think its only Indian Airlines refusing to land at Dabolim Steve... its because the landing equipment doesnt work here, we met a pilot up at Arambol the other day and he was telling us about it.............seems it hasnt worked for ages and therefore all the pilots just land by themselves :yikes no stress then!!!!!!!!!!! worst comes to the worse you will have to catch a train :tup
chilly
good job there are no street lights for the pilots to follow
I have noticed there is a duty free shop in the arrivals hall at Dabolim Airport, is it open for all international flights? we arrive at 03:30 from Manchester Via Doha, just wondering where to buy the grog :que
From memory (not working at its best, alas), the duty free was open when we arrived on the same flight last year. I seem to recall wandering into it whilst waiting for the carousels to start. It's very small.

I wouldn't worry though, you can get your grog cheaply in the resorts at 9am.
Thanks roma if its closed I should be able to manage unlil 9.00 :rofl
Can anyone help, i have four arrival cards that are going to need filling in, and need a couple of answers.

(1) As there been any change to cards from last year.

(2) I filled my name in but forgot to leave a space, Can i cross it out and rewrite it in boxes underneath,

(3) Question 6 do i tick the none box

(4) What flight No. do i put down, my Qatar flight No. from Manchester or the Qatar flight No from Doha to Goa

Thanks in advance
The Preacher
Preacher,

1. I didn't notice any change in the cards.

2. It states the name should appear as in your passport, to be safe I would make sure there is a space!

3.Can't remember what question 6 was but, I remember answering one question with none!!!

4. It would be the flight number from Doha to Goa(the actual flight number you have that lands in India)

Hope it's of some help ;)
Hi guys this year we have booked our hols DIY, we have flights with Qatar going from Manchester 12th Feb. Do we have to fill in arrival cards ? and if so were would we get them. Also we have all our seats booked there and back and have to check in on line 36 hrs before is this pretty straightforward to do.......many thanks Keith
They'll give you arrival cards on the plane. If not, they're available in the arrivals hall. Keep details of your passport and visa numbers and dates handy - it saves having to get them out and messing about.
GoanMad Tony wrote:
3.Can't remember what question 6 was but, I remember answering one question with none!!!

Hi Tony
It asking for 1 of 4 boxes to be ticked.

Box (1) NRI
" (2) PIO
" (3) OCI
" (4) NONE
Just one more thing, question 13 Countries visited in last 6 days, Do i leave blank or write in Qatar

Thanks once again
The Preacher
gooner fan wrote:
Tick none and leave the countries visited blank

Cheers Gooner fan :tup
I know its probably been covered a thousand times before but am looking at flying scheduled for the first time this April. Flight into Mumbai with BA lands around 11.15am and theres a jet flight out of Mumbai at 14.35 and another jet flight 2 hous later. Ill have my 2 children with me. Is the 3 hrs enough time to clear immigration, collect bags etc and check in for the jet flight or would it be safer to book the next domestic flight at around 5pm. Really cant decide.
Can anyone tell me if 2hrs 15mins is enough to get from Gulf Air flight (international terminal) to Air India for a domestic flight onto Goa? we land on a Monday evening at 6pm is that makes any difference? - worried i have not allowed enough time now!!! :whoops
That's plenty of time

I'd be interested to know whether it was!! It wasn't for us and we missed our flight.

The baggage handling is very slow and then you have to go through formalities and get the (slow) bus to the domestic airport and then start queueing again. I reckon you need at leat 3 hours - possibly more on a bad day!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.