Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Re: iPad
30 Posts
Once through security you can buy water from one of the shops ie in UK Boots, Superdrug etc
Jay Trip wrote:
I bought mine from one of the pound shops.There was 4 in a pack.

We're they 100ml or under , because 100ml is a very small amount ??? The smallest drink containers I've ever seen are 200ml which were cartons , and bottles generally go from 250ml upwards .
The largest bottle I take in my liquids bag is contact lens solution and that is 95ml and is a miniature travel size , if it was a drinkable liquid it would be gone in 2 small glugs !! , to me it sounds totally ridiculous to fill/take 10 x 100ml containers of water to dilute some cordial , just buy a litre bottle of water airside ( after security) and use it to give your 3 children a drink each in the airport departure lounge or airplane at least they will gets 330 ml each which will re-hydrate them and quench their thirst .
Hi folk sorry to say we are heading way off iPad and related topic :offtop

We do have a dedicated topic for hand luggage restrictions http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/hand-luggage-regulations-increased-security-t81406.html :tup
Sorry kiltman.Thought I could asks more question on here rather than make loads if other threads.
Thanks for the replys folks and we will be taking the iPad with us :)
Can I just say I didn't know that once through security you're allowed to buy water/drinks and take them on the plain without the 100ml limit.Thanks for that info too.
I see you are from my neck of the woods Hazel ie Cleveland, if you are flying from Newcastle then after security there's a Boots where you can get the £3 meal deal, or just water.
I'm flying from Manchester Glynis.My neck of the woods is near Middlesbrough :)
The empty 100ml are probably sold for toiletries but I use them on return from Dalaman more to make a point! Everything at this airport is vastly overpriced and as we normally travel on night flights from here I may not use them.
I wont need to do this next time as last October they allowed a 330 ml bottle of water through security.
I always buy a Boots meal deal but wont bother any more as you only save 1p according to my receipt from 2 weeks ago :rofl .
Sorry to go :offtop
Hazell wrote:
I'm flying from Manchester Glynis.My neck of the woods is near Middlesbrough :)

Mine's Middlesbrough too Hazel :tup

There's even more outlets in Manchester airport, you'll be fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.