Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi, we have not been to Greece for a while but when we go to say Spain we plan for 100 to 150euro per day for food, hope this is of help to you
Margaret(madmum) :cheers
hi

greece is still quite cheap compared to other destinations for eating and drinking.

As a couple we budgeted 100 Euros a day for food and drink (This was plenty)- - 10Euro- for 2 breakfasts- 6-8 euros on a snack sandwich/-wrap/giro /drink. 10 euros on drinks throughout day- on average 25-35E evening meal- starters, main- pint- couple glasses wine.- 20-30E on evening drinks.

any day trips were not included in the 100euros.

enjoy
Hi Alison sorry yes it was food and drink also coffees 2.50euro and soft drinks anything upto 4euro
Margaret(madmum :cheers
Hi, I came on here looking for the exact same answer so can't help you at the mo. However, a friend and I are going to Corfu in a week. Staying in a villa and will be buying 'shop' stuff and will also be eating out everyday. We come back on the 25th, so I can post you some costs when we come back if that helps?
I agree that 100euros per day should cover it. We visit a resort in the north-west of Corfu every year but usually make our own plain breakfasts in the apartment so saving a small amount of money that way. Our lunch bill usually come to between 12-18 euros for the 2, obviously depending on how hungry we are. In my opinion eating out in these smaller resorts in Corfu this year is cheaper than in UK .
As regards money you get a better exchange rate in Corfu than in UK so take sterling and change it there. There are many places to do this including most hotels. As for taking cards don't forget the pre-paid ones which you load up before you go so if you do lose the card your loss is limited to what you put on the card. Having said that Corfu is a pretty good place for crime (not much of it) and in these small resorts the accommodation staff are usually local people known to the owner and trusted by him/her.

I would advise hiring a small car for a day or two to see the lovely countryside which Corfu has to offer. In September you should be able to hire one for less than 30 euros per day. Email me from my web-site http://www.agiosgeorgios.info for recommendations.
Have a lovely holiday.
Hi Sparkycat - which apartments are you staying in? We stayed in Agios Gordios for 2 weeks in August. We made an ocasional breakfast in the apartment, which helped alittle with cost, but there were a few places where you could have a decent brekkie for betwen 5 & 6 Euros a head. there were a choice of places to have a lunchtime snack - some doing a decent gyros for just 2.50. There were several restaurants where evening meals started from 8 Euros for a main course. Beer ranged between 2.50 and 3 Euros a pint, with shorts around 4, but remember that every short is at least a double - if not more. As in most places abroad, soft drinks were nearly the same price as beer. I wasn't impressed with the house wines so only had acouple of glasses which came in at 4 Euros for a large glass. I can recommend you some restaurants if you'd like.
Many thanks for your help and advice. We are staying at Stevens on the hill and go a week on Friday, can't wait xx
Absolutely fabulous place to stay - you'll have a brilliant time :tup
we go to Greece often, usually allow £120 a day for two of us which is plenty breakfast in snack lunch evening mealwith wine then a few drinks. I don like cards abroad too and wont use mini banks abroad
Thank you for your reply, I have done as suggested and taking £130 a day, will also take my card just in case. Always a bit worried about using card abroad but I'm sure it will be fine. We go on Friday morning so not long now. Still feel a bit guilty going as its our first holiday without the boys even though they are 22 and 18!
Thanks for all your advice it is much appreciated x
Hi sparkycat, just remembered we always let the bank know we are going away and they then let you know by text when you use you card abroard. if that makes sense to you :cheers :tup
Margaret(madmum) have a good holiday
keeping an eye on this as we will be going on a family holiday to corfu this year and would of been asking the same question
Please bear in mind this thread is 2 years old running fit. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.