Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I would say that you would not really need a/c at that time. In the mornings it is actually quite cool, and the temperature at night is very comfortable. You should be fine with ceiling fans.
hi
i go several times a year and only ever use ceiling fans ,find a/c too drying
been nov/dec a few times, you should be ok without a/c if you have ceiling fans. later in the season though; Feb March a different matter!!
if this is your first time to Goa, believe me you will have a ball and like most of us here become addicted to the place. The forum is a wonderful place for information and dont forget to drop into the Carvery in Candolim on Wed nights to meet up with the other addicts!!
enjoy
Gambie you will e fine with just the fans, i only like A/C when we go at easter. Have a great time.

Pip
x
All dependent on the size of room and which direction it is facing.

I was in Agonda last November for a few days and believe you me it was HOT. I wished I had booked a room with A/C.

If your room faces West it will certainly heat up by early evening and make the few hours before you go out VERY unpleasant.
I agree with Big Neil. We have had holidays to Goa in early December and have been grateful to have a/c in our room. The last time we were there the sun shone right onto our balcony and our room would have been too hot even with the fan on.
I find that a/c is essential and I generally use it between 4pm and 8pm when coming off the beach to cool down, but if you have a good ceiling fan it could be sufficient in November and early December, but if i was going from January onwards I would definitely have a/c.
I also never use it when sleeping at night.

Steve
We went for 3 weeks over Xmas and new year last year and found we didn't need air conditioning. The fan was sufficient. This saved us quite a bit of money as we usually go at Easter when it is very hot and have to pay extra for air con. Our hotel is quite near to the beach though so it may be different if you are staying more inland.
We go out in October and never normally use A/C until April or May until this year and it was a must in March due to the high humidity but November/December can be chilly in the evening.
i,personally feel you need it from when season starts,(november) till april, i really do!!!!!!.when i book my holiday to goa ,that is the most important thing before even which hotel,lol :)
that goes for us also,must have A/C :tup priority over hotel :)
annx
We never bother in December - too noisy. If I do get a bit hot - I am a woman of a certain age - a quick cold shower and back into bed always does the trick.
Candybabe
Seems like there a lot of us women of a certain age on this forum. :hot :rofl Gel
Seems like there a lot of us women of a certain age on this forum.

OMG is there any hope for the other half, that must be what Honey Bee was invented for! "us poor suffering souls"
My advice is to ignore most of the comments here. This is not because they are wrong but they are telling you what works for them and not for you. If you are unused to a semi tropical climate and higher humidity than in the UK, and like a cool bedroom when sleeping at home, then you will find it hot at night. With the time change you will have some restless nights.
Far the best idea is to get a room with A/C and then use it as you see fit. Having it on for half an hour before you go to bed might just be enough.
True, it is nice not to have to use it, but to get a good night's sleep is so important. so pick a room which gives you as many options as possible.
Good advice Lester,
Get the ac and ask for an extra blanket!

Paul
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.