Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
When we went we'd hired a car mazket so can't help sorry, but, would like say have a great holiday & be sure to come back and give us your report :tup
Why not hire a car.

Look at the price for two of you for two trips and you could most probably hire a car for 2 or 3 days.

That way you could do both trips and more. The roads in Tenerife are not bad.

So, to tempt you;

Places to see
Puerto de la Cruz; most famous for hosting Laro Parc. This is a tropical wildlife park that has an abundance of animals including a penguin centre that has real snow and a Parrot park. A fair way from the capital but well worth the visit.

However, the old town is very pretty in parts, much of the area around the old fishing port is full of narrow cobbled streets packed with colonial architecture. Within or close to the town are Jardin Botánico (Botanical gardens) with over 5,000 exotic tree and plant specimens from all over the world. Playa Jardín (Sand Beach) Puerto de la Cruz’ main beach was also designed by César Manrique and is backed by extensive gardens, including a large cactus garden.

Mount Teide; is a must. If you come up from La Laguna side (north) you will pass a visitors centre, this is worth a visit to learn the history of the Volcano. On reaching the main area of the volcano there is small café with a cable car. If you want to get to the very top you will need to take the cable car, extra cost. However, this gets full when the main coaches arrive any time from 11am.

Guimar; South West of Santa Cruz. A collection of pyramids and visitors centre. Founded and studied by Thor Heyerdahl, Norwegian Explorer
Hi we went on the full day trip last year and really enjoyed it, we didnot go to the top as I cant for health reasons but if I was fit I would. We go to Tenerife every Christmas and may go on the trip again, we booked with Admiral Travel in Los Cristianos, it is a trip really worth the money.
hope this helps
Margaret(madmum) :cheers :tup
We came back from PDLA last week. My sister and her 18 year old son went up Mount Teide on a half day excursion. Thought it was absolutely superb. The cable car costs an extra 25 euros but she said it was worth the money. Breathaking views. :)
I went up to the top of Mount Teide in May, up the cable car to the top and it was absolutely fantastic. It is nearly 12,000 feet and the views are amazing.......

However, if it is cloudy you wont see anything and if it is too windy they close the cable car........
thanks for all the replies, i think i am going to go with the half day trip as weather permitting you can go up in the cable car to the top which is something i know he will like to do
and I am sure you will not regret it. Stunning is not the word!
Warning, do not go up if you have low blood pressure or asthmatic. I took no notice of this (tbh, I didn't see the signs!!!) when I got out the cable car at the top, all I remember is scraping myself up off the lava floor, with two german women helping me too my feet, handing me back my camera....I thought they had mugged me!!!!! But I'd fainted. A warden came over and was furious with me, result, fastforward to fron of queue for next cable car down......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.