Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I'm going to Ocho Rios in January too Poppet, looking forward to seeing if anyone responds!

Ash x
Cool, anybody else going there in January and what dates will you be there for ???
I'm not sure about January, but I regularly dive in the Caribbean in March and the sea temperatures are normally 27/28 celcious acording to my dive computer. It's like diving in a heated indoor swimming pool!

Darren
Travelling to Rui Ocho Rios on new years day and wondering if anyone knows or has been there at this time and can tell what sort of weather we can expect and do we need Mosquito repellent ???? any info would be great

poppet
Temps will be around 30c 86f in Jan the sea will be around 28c 84f. The weather in jamaica this moment in time is 24c 75f local time 5am the forecasts for Ocho Rios, Jamaica for the next 10 days is highs around 29c 84f and lows around 23c 73f with scatter showers, but that means a odd shower and then that is it.

My mate is in jamaica at the moment, not for a hoilday but his brothers funeral. He said the weather is perfect. His brother who was a policeman was ambushed outside his house and gunned with machine guns, that takes the count of policemen targeted and killed to 30 this year. The government cracked down on crime in the montego bay arera and killing are revenge killing for the gansters killed by the police. They said they will kill 40 policemen. My mate said the montego bay area is very dodgy and has gone down hill.
Anyone concerned please read the official FCO advice HERE.

Pippy :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.