Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: James Villas
34 Posts
It is a week since we were due to fly home from Majorca and we arrived home yesterday. James Villas could not have been more helpful and although we couldn't stay in the villa we were in they found us another villa free of charge. On checking their site it is a 'Best of James' villa and was absolutely lovely!! Janice, the rep there kept us informed about the airports etc and checked we were ok and they even changed the towels after 2 days and added rugs and extra cushions!!!
We were looked after very well by all parties concerned, reduced hire car rate, very helpful airline (Jet2) and even the extra car parking at Leeds/Bradford was free of charge.(Sentinel)
It all made a worrying time much easier so many thanks to everyone involved in our holiday :thanks
a sign of how good is company is, is they way they react to any problems- so its always good to hear positive feedback. I hope you were able to enjoy the extra time despite the stress of not knowing when you were getting home.
Yes we did enjoy the extra time because the weather improved a lot!! We managed to visit a couple of extra places and enjoy the pool area. We want to email the relevant companies to thank them but are having problems finding email addresses.
well deserved praise by the sound of it..

contacts
James Villa Holidays Ltd
20/20 Business Park
St Leonards Road
Maidstone
Kent
ME16 0LS

Sentinel Car Park
Warren House Lane
Yeadon
West Yorkshire
LS19 7FT
UK

Jet 2

PO Box 314
Leeds
LS19 9DY
England

you will see i have given postal addresses this is because it will give far more kudos to post than e-mail , and it sounds like they deserve it, please send for ...The Personal Attention of the Chief Executive...although they may not see it your post should go further up the line than the post room :duh [a mention of your favorable report on HT would not go amiss either] :tup

wizard
Many thanks Wizard, will definitely mention HT :tup
Letters are now sent with a mention of my posts on HT :)
Please can anyone tell me if these are part of one of the big two ie Thomas Cook or TUI.

Thanks to anyone who knows.

Doe
Thanks Shirley. I am kind of hoping I have booked a package holiday with them as I want the extra protection it gives in these financially uncertain times. Just want to make sure it's not one of these dynamic packages where things can be a little bit more up in the air when it goes wrong.

On eof the Mods has merged me so I am going to have a good read of the thread.

Doe :sun2
Have managed to get hold of a brochure. (I had booked on-line/phone) and they are package holidays so I am covered by the package tour regulations. Phew ! This is also a 'Best of James' place as mentioned by Oklahoma earlier in the thread so hopefully it will be OK.
Well there service was good last year so have booked a 3 bedroomed, 3 bathroomed apartment with them, in Spain for the summer.

Due to an early booking offer of a free car and free insurance the price is the same as the 2 bed, 2 bath I booked last year.

I just hope they are really a package holiday covered by the package holiday legislation, I find it so confusing. :( The telephone rep said they are ABTA & ATOL bonded. But you select a apartment/villa, then select a flight and they add in the basic car hire deal, is that a package holiday ?

Will now spend the next 6 months worrying about them going belly up :( , what with all the economic problems out there.

Brilliant Service again this year from James Villas. Even got a free upgrade to a luxury villa :tup via a phone call four days prior to travel. They said they had paid the owner for it and our week was the only week of the season it was empty, so would we like it.

Nice gesture as it would have cost another £2200 in rental over what we had already paid so it was a very good upgrade, as I would never have booked something so top end and luxurious - therefore a real treat.

:wave: Glynis. It was like having a competition win :tup

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.