Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
jet airways
29 Posts
Hi hullsmoggy ... we have a Jet Airways topic in our Airlines & Airports forum which may provide some useful info and links:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=102641

David :wave
We found them excellent on the way out last December, but was very disappointed on the return, mainly due to the lazy, indifferent crew. Food outgoing was pretty good, as was the service. The return food was inedible (cold and tasteless) and for some reason they kept giving us vegetarian option which we had not asked for. No tea or coffee was offered to us and the crew seemed more interested in staying in their area behind the curtain, chatting. The hot towels were cold - a small point, I know, but not much to ask for.

In their favour, the flights were bang on time.
We flew with Jet at Xmas and found them ok. Check in at heathrow and dabolim and Mumbai were much more efficient than Air India. Seats had plenty leg room and food so so. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Looking forward to flying with Qatar this year as we managed to get flights with them for the same price we paid with Jet last year.
jet are great, flown with them many times
Chilly
Flew with Kingfisher and found them excellent ;)
Flew with Jet airways for the 1st time last year! Absolutely brilliant!!! Looking to go with them again this year! 40kg luggage too!! Roy is packing the kitchen sink!! :really :rofl
Flew with Jet many times and they are excellent, seats more comfortable than Qatar imo.
I'd have to disagree with the last post. I guess it perhaps depends on height. The extra couple of inches leg room offered by Emirates and Qatar make the comfort level, for us, much greater,so we only used Jet once for long haul. We also felt that their inflight sevice and entertainment package were no more than average. Everyone's expectations for a flight are different of course, and I'm sure Jet is the airline of choice for them, it just was'nt for us.
Alan
40kg luggage too

:whoops 46 kg's Paula ;)
Chilly
Were flying with them in two weeks.

Glad about all the info :tup

46kg :really

Want anything bringing Chilly?
;) will pm you ...not long now :tup
Chilly
We flew with them last year and this time too. No complaints from us. They were very good. The staff were pleasant, food fine, seats comfy and the flights on time.
Our luggage was over weight on the way out and they didn't mind.
Gail
Our luggage was over weight on the way out and they didn't mind.

Gail you were overweight????????????????????? :que you had 46 kg allowance!! :rofl how did you manage to be overweight on a 2 week hol??? :think wasn't my chocs was it ?? :rofl
chilly
:rofl :rofl No your chocs weren't the problem. We stopped off in Mumbai for a few days and then flew down to Goa with Jetlite. I think their allowance is only 20kg. The girl on the check in desk mentioned that the luggage was over weight. I offered to take some things out and put them in our hand baggage but she said it didn't matter.
We were fine on the way home as it was an eticket through to Belfast.
Gail
Just Checked in online.
Bit of a faff as had to imput all the API information again.
Seat choice was no choice at all. Probably a lot of privilage members on who can check in a day before. :cry

well just have to wait and see what the flight is like.

Goa here we come :tup
SteveandJayne wrote:
Seat choice was no choice at all. Probably a lot of privilage members on who can check in a day before.

We had the same problem in January! It looks as if all the seats are taken. Check in online,then when you get to the airport, tell them what seats you want, and explain what happened when you checked in online.

Have a good holiday, and safe journey! I am so Jealous!!! :sun2
Forgot to add! We had a fantastic journey with them! Really pleased, and will fly with them again! :tup
Hi Goangirl

Thanks for the info. :tup

I was wondering what my chances were like if I were to ask for an upgrade on the outward flight to Mumbai?

I wouldn't mind paying a reasonable sum but not too much
Waiting at Heathrow.
Asked how much to upgrade to business class for LHR TO BOM
They wanted £625 each :yikes
Bit too steep for my pocket so cattle class for us.
Now in pre departure lounge sipping G&T. :cheers

Tick tock not long now :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.