Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
None of the staff at UK or destination check in, or the gate agents are usually employed by the airline. They're normally just handling agent staff. Luggage belts being broken resulting in long queues aren't the fault of the airline. As for checking in hand luggage. It's quite common but it's the owners responsibilty to make sure they remove anything of value or medication etc before they hand it over. I always have a gym sack or tote bag I can put them into, just in case

Unfortunately delayed baggage is part of air travel. It can usually be tracked online to save people from having to go to the airport to check if it's arrived. You could contact your insurance company who would normally cover for delayed baggage. Maybe the staff at the airport thought an extra 10kg just for 4 days emergency essentials was too much to let go free of charge, hence them charging for half. Send the receipt for the excess luggage charges as well as your essentials receipts to the airline, asking for reimbursement (if you haven't already done so).
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.