Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
JET2.COM
1502 Posts
Hi, sorry if this has been covered before, but I can't find it if it has.
I've been told that Jet2 are strict about the weight of your luggage, and the weight/dimensions of your hand luggage. If we bought our full allowance of duty free cigs from Malaga airport before boarding, will we be allowed to take them on the plane as well as hand luggage? Anyone ever done this? Any help would be appreciated....TIA...Linda x
I've never found Jet2 to be any stricter than other airlines. When I travel with my two daughters, I usually have a large case which is a few pounds over but they seem to balance that with my daughter's cases being underweight. If you are travelling in a group and you all have huge cases - I think they will stop you.

I'm not sure about the duty free - sorry.
Linda. I've recently returned from Malaga with Jet2 and there was a few problems with excess weight. A group of girls were over the 18kg limit and were charged €8 per kilo over. A couple in front of me were 3 kilos over between them and they weren't charged. The group of girls made a big "song and dance" abut the issue, so maybe this is why the charge was not waived - who knows?
The issue regarding buying you cigs etc at the airport, there will be no problems with that as you will have already gone through with your hand luggage (10kg limit). Just remember that cigs will be more expensive at the airport than in the resort (around €2.5 per 200) - a bit silly when prices are fixed in Spain :? A litre bottle of spirits weighs around 1.5kg on average if you plan to put in your case.
Have a look HERE for the latest drink offers available at Malaga airport - valid until 30/04/07.

ps: I've just heard that a new route from Newcastle is about to be announced with Jet2.

Robby :wink:
:thanks all of you for the replies. I keep saying I'm not taking so much stuff every year.... :oops: but 18kg isn't much (well not to me lol) so I will probably get half of my allowance at the airport. Once again thanks forr your help, Linda x
Just travelled to Malaga with Jet2 as a party of three, upon arrival at Manchester Airport found largest case to be 4kg overweight. the check-in clerk pointed this out, so I asked could we not use the allowance from all 3 cases to which he grunted and carried on to weigh the others which were underweight. Makes me wonder if I had got my wallet out instead of asking him to use all our allowance, my bank balance would now be a few pounds lighter. They never volunteer this info do they?

Mark 8)
hi i have booked to go to fly with jet2 to palma and it says that the check in desk is on the ground floor can anyone tell me if that is the one down stairs where you would check in for my travel or is that the normal check in hall also as anyone used the jet2 online chech in and if so could they give me a run down on it. {where you drop your bags and so fort} thanx your replies would be very helpful :?
Which airport are you flying from littlecamel?

luci :wave
Hi Little camel. the Jet2 check in is situated next to the My travel check in down the stairs. You can also approach the airport as though you are going into Terminal 3 and there are doors direct into the ground floor where Jet 2 & My Travel check -ins are. Cheers Jayjan
thanx jayjan for your reply i thought it was there but not to sure as someone told me that the mytravel check in desks had moved upstairs so i did not no if jet2 had moved also thats handy being able to go direct to check in desks through doors on ground floor, as anyone used the online check in for jet2 yet
Yes we used it from Blackpool. Manchester should be the same. You don't have to wait in a queue, just take your cases to their Express desk, so much quicker.
Hi could some please tell me where in Manchester airport is the jet2check in

Thanks Wendy
My friend got a ticket for her sister inlaw named Mary Mildred in her passport and on the flight ticket has put the name as Mildred will she have a problem with this. :?:
summerkisses,
Jet2's check-in is at ground floor level at T1,just before you enter the short stay car park,It was originally the B.A. check in and was then taken over by Airtours.
Hi Summer its down stairs in Terminal 1. As you go into the terminal carry on as though you have checked in and going towards departures/security, just before the doors to the shops there are some stairs are on the left hand side. You will find Jet2 & My Travel checkins. Or you can enter the check ins with the instructions Sagres has given.Cheers Jayjan
I am traveling out from Airtours in a couple of weeks and been informed that the downstairs check in is closed because of work being carried out. They sent me a letter with my flight tickets telling me to allow extra time at check in and that it now on the level with all the rest. Check the Manchester airport discussion.
Does anyone know whether this affects Jet2 check ins as well, The poster on Manchester Airport discussion forum only mentions My Travel check ins? Cheers Jayjan
Just been on Manchester Airport website and it is only giving important passenger information changes for the closure of My Travel check ins, so Jet 2 check ins musnt be involved even though they are in the same ground floor building. Cheers Jayjan
hi I would like to thank everyone who replied to my question about jet2
much appriciated

Wendy
hi can anyone tell me where the stress less bag drop for jet2 at manchester airport will it be next to all there normal check in desks on the ground floor :?:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.