Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Can anyone tell me which terminal at Malaga airport is normally used by jet2.I was under the impression that terminal 2 was used by flights from Britain but my booking confirmation would suggest MALAGA T1 GROUND LEVEL.As our car hire is from terminal 2 would that pose a problem?Any advice would be appreciated.
regards

sharpy
Can't help you with the car park element, but can definatley confirm that Jet 2 departures are from T1 ground level. Linda x
sharpy,

As Linda said, T1 ground floor, normally check-in desks 09-13 (I flew back from AGP sunday night!). Although AGP has two terminals, its a relatively short walk between the two so you shouldn't have a problem.

Darren
Thanks for your replies Linda and Darren.
I take it that also applies to Jet2 arrivals(don't mean to sound thick :oops: ) but we have always flown with bmibaby before who have used terminal two, which is where we have collected our hire car from.

kind regards

sharpy
sharpy,

I can only go off my experience from last friday, but we disembarked at Terminal 1 but ended up in arrivals at Terminal 2!! Don't ask me how, but it confused my brother who was picking me up at from the airport. There's a lot of building work going on at the moment so maybe thats why. Like I said in my last post, its only 5 mins walk between the two terminals anyway.

Darren
Many thanks Darren

Will just have to play it by ear on arrival.We don't fly until September so i suppose things could have changed again by then.

kind regards

sharpy
In reply to Scouse Mags in the topic moved from the Mallorca forum, I'm just about to take my 11th flight with Jet2 to Palma (from Leeds Bradford). I've not encountered any problems so far (touch wood :oops: )!

One thing to bear in mind is you need to add about £20 to the given price on the website as the price doesn't include airport taxes, credit card fees and hold baggage charges. Often though they can still work out very cheap - my daughter ended up paying £30 to fly to Palma last week but it was advertised at £6.

Another thing to bear in mind is that even if you book a return flight it is considered 2 individual flights so if one flight is cancelled you will be compensated only for the one flight! I think this is more likely to be a problem on undersubscribed routes though and it isn't unique to Jet2 - I think all bargain airlines follow this principal. A good insurance maybe an idea!

Regards Karen

ps Has anyone used the Mezzo inflight entertainment from Leeds Bradford - does it keep the kids happy? :P
For anyone interested, this is my latest trip report for my flight down to Malaga from Blackpool with Jet2. The eventful return flight will be available soon:

Jet2.com LS761 Blackpool - Malaga 8th june 2007

Darren
Hiya Darren

A great read and photos
:wow I love the colour scheme and design of Blackpool Airport, it certainly is vibrant, modern and uplifting for a SMALL airport. :wink:

Look forward to the return report.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks sanji,

See your PM's. Jet2 are the main operator in and out of Blackpool now. I was quite impressed with Blackpool airport and Jet2's operations. It's a little more expensive than flying from Manchester but in terms of hassle free and convenience, well worth it. There's 5x BLK-AGP flights a week now and they're averaging load factors of 80% which is pretty good going. Monarch tried this route last year and pulled out because they couldn't make it work. Jet2 have so it's looking like the flight is here to stay.

Darren
Hi
Just came across your pics and report on blackpool airport,i live just down the road from it.Its great for us not having to go to manchester,my only worry is jet2 have not put any flights on sale after october apart frpm to tenerife,or they had'nt last time i checked,and all other airports that jet2 fly from have got winter and some 2008 flights on.I am hoping this does'nt mean they will be pulling out of blackpool.I know a hell a of lot people would be gutted if they did.
oldies,

Alot of Jet2's flights out of BLK only operate over the summer season to the major tourist areas. They don't run over winter (I think the last flights are the weekend of 27/28th October. Their winter schedule is a 2x weekly Tenerife service on Tuesday and Friday. I'm sure they'll be operating a similar summer 2008 program considering their load factors.

Darren
Dazbo5
I hope your right,but they did do alicante last winter,and when they seem to put flights on sale from other airports for summer 2008 ,i thought they would have done the same from blk.I know there is a group of people that are are trying to stop all flights from blk.
oldies,

Just have to wait and see, probably won't be while November time before they start to release schedules. Those people oposed to the airport expansion have been around for quite a while. It's a group of local residents against the airport in general. They have their opinions and you can understand their point of view. However given the low number of movements, it's very unlikely they'll have an impact on the schedules. The airport has set operating hours and noise abatement procedeures to minimise disturbance. A new £11.3 million executive terminal has just been given the go ahead so enough said.

Darren
Darren
I did'nt know about the go ahead for expansion,suprised i had'nt heard about that as i live in the area.I have also just noticed they have put the alicante flight on sale from november,hope all the others for next year do the same in the near future.Thanks for the repiles and info.
oldies
oldies,

I did'nt know about the go ahead for expansion,suprised i had'nt heard about that as i live in the area.

I suspect that was done on purpose since airport expansion is a controversial subject these days. I'm sure the summer 2008 schedule will be released soon.

Darren
For anyone interested, these are my trip reports for my recent flights to Malaga from Blackpool with Jet2.

Jet2.com LS761 Blackpool - Malaga 8th june 2007

Jet2.com LS762 Malaga - Blackpool (diverted Manchester) 10th june 2007

Darren
Hi Daz, very interesting and enjoyable read, glad you enjoyed your flights with Jet2 & also your birthday, we fly with Jet2 regularly from Manchester to Faro and have always been satisfied. Cheers Jayjan
Excellent write up Darren,really enjoyed the read.Hope things go a little more smoothly for our trip in September.
regards

sharpy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.