Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
JET2.COM
1502 Posts
Sue, I booked a flight last month online and the baggage charge was £4 each way, cant believe its gone up again, started at £3 e/w then £4 e/w and now £5 e/w what a money making racket. Cheers Jayjan
Sue, I booked a flight last month online and the baggage charge was £4 each way, cant believe its gone up again, started at £3 e/w then £4 e/w and now £5 e/w what a money making racket.

Yes, I agree, and to add insult to injury, if I had booked the day before when I was deliberating over it, then it would have been £10.00 cheaper for the flight which would have covered the cost of the baggage.

Never mind, even with all the taxes, card charge and baggage charge it was only £106.79 return from Leeds and Bradford to Alicante which I'm pleased with.

Kind Regards
Sue :)
I wonder if anyone knows what has gone wrong today with jet2 flights I am going to Palma in a few weeks and instead of 11.15 take off its delayed to 21.30 poor souls!!! feel sorrier for those at the other end waiting to return to Newcastle. I hope its just a one off occurance, it will be the first time I have flown with them. Thanks for any replies.
calabonagirl,

I would assume it was a technical problem with the aircraft which was the cause of the delay. If you read my trip reports above, Jet2 look after you in that situation and would probaby have transfered passengers on to other flights if they could.

Darren
Although I haven't a clue what happened to the flight today, I can verify that I have travelled with Jet 2 on numerous occasions and have always apart from twice found that they have either taken off on time or been a bit early. On the 2 occasions that we were delayed, it was only for one and two hours respectively.

I do know though that Jet 2 are notorious for not keeping passengers informed on how long their delay is going to be to avoid paying compensation or having to supply meal vouchers.

There was an article about this in our local paper the other week which I cannot go in to detail about because it probably would be removed for legal reasons.

Overall though I have found that Jet 2 are a good budget airline but the flight times are not as good as they used to be from our local airport and also they have recently started charging for checked in baggage which started at £3 each way then increased to £4 each way and is now £5 each way, which is an increase of £1 a month each way since about April when it started. I feel that it would have been better to charge the £5 each way from the start because doing it this way has just got peoples backs up. :twisted:
Hope you have a nice trip.

Sue :)
Hi CBG

I'm going too in about three weeks! I suppose there's a risk of delay with any airline but so far (touch wood), I've had no problems at all with Jet2. I've got to say on reading Dazbo's return trip report, if I was travelling alone and not with my family, I would almost be hoping for a similar delay coming home! Dazbo, bet you felt like a celebrity stepping off that plane :wink:

Sue, totally agree with you. The flights are still reasonable but if I was a new customer of Jet2, all these extras would make me suspect Jet2 had something to hide. Why change a marketing policy that was obviously working!
Hi my daughter normally takes a pull on trolley on the plane with coloring book and doll in it,does anyone know if that's still allowed many thanks in advance :lol:
Hi murgy ... that's fine, as long as the trolley does not exceed Jet2's maximum hand luggage dimensions of 46cms x 30cms x 23cms including wheels, handles and side pockets.

David :wave
just had to change my booking with jet 2. we had previously booked before they brought in the rule for charging for hold luggage. do we now have to pay for the hold baggage? it didn't give me the option of prepaying for any but is on about it on the email confirmation.
I've just flown Manchester to Berlin with Jet2 and I must say I was nowhere near as impressed with them as I have in the past, I flew with them to Krakow from Newcastle in June and it wasnt great, but I gave them the benefit of the doubt that time.

They left the seatbelt sign on both ways because there was a little bit of turbulence, not a lot just a bit now and then, the seats weren't comfortable as it was but with a bursting bladder it was even worse.

Added to the time change for the Kracow flight to 0600 I think I will be thinking twice before flying with them again.

Is it a gradual reduction in standards or have I just been unlucky?
7eric7,

Although inconvenient, the seat belt signs will have been left on for a very good reason.

Darren
Actually on the way out they apologised because they had forgotten to turn them off, and when they started saying "the captain has turned on the seat belt sign" they realised and aplogised.

Sloppy, if nothing else.

As it happens, I've just booked another flight with them in September, so we'll see. :lol:
Darren nice to read your post. We are flying with Jet2 from Newcastle in 3 weeks and this is our first time using a budget airline....Great pics by the way
Beatles fan, enjoy your flight with jet 2 , we fly regular with them from Manchester to Faro, the only minor complaint i have with them is the in flight service can be very slow when the plane is full & also on the return journey they normally run out of sandwiches before they get to row 5 ( front or back of plane) which can be annoying if you are in the mood for a bite to eat. We now buy sandwiches in the airport just to alleviate the problem. Cheers Jayjan
9 of us going to calahonda in a couple of weeks, been checking flights with jet 2 to malaga just about every flight delayed by at least 1.5 hrs in one case 9 hrs are these delays due to the advanced passenger information that is required for spain jet 2 appears to be the worst of the airlines for departing on time with 6 kids going and the prospect of delays as per the past dew weeks not a comforing thought
Hi Bigger, The longest delay we had with Jet2 from Manchester to Faro was in January, but it was due to early morning fog causing a back log on all flights, otherwise they are normally out on time give or take 15 minutes. Where are you flying from? Maybe we are lucky, but all sorts of things can cause delays and not always the airlines fault. Maybe you are right that it has something to do with advanced passenger information required by Spain, but surely other airlines would be delayed flying into Spain also. Today at Manchester Airport they had a power failure early morning and lots of flights were cancelled or had delays of up to 5 hrs. I can understand when you are travelling with young children you need to keep them amused and it must be frustrating & stressfull, been there, done it and worn the tee-shirt. Luckily we are now in the priveliged position that they have flown the nest so to speak, but can understand your worries. Think positive and enjoy your holiday, good luck Cheers Jayjan
hi,has anyone any inside info as to when jet 2 summer 2008 flights will be released?.it was end of august/early sept last year.i am interested in ibiza from leeds bradford. thanks, mo.
Hi Jayjan

Flying from leeds flights for the past couple of weeks 95% been delayed also parent flying out end of august to palma from leeds with thomsonfly they have a cruise that sails at 7pm they fly at 2pm there starting to worry regards all the delays at leeds in case they miss there cruise.
Oh Dear Bigger doesn't sound too good then, maybe its an airport problem, just keep your fingers crossed that your flight and your parents flight go out on time. Must be frustrating especially when you have a connection like your parents have, but hope everything goes smoothly for them and you. Have a look at http://www.flightstats.com maybe you could get some info on that site of how bad delays have been with Jet2. Cheers Jayjan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.