Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
new code for 10% off jet2holidays (winterpromo) upto 31st march
going to egypt in march to amar sina. we payed by credit card and got charged extra for usin it. do jet2 have holiday reps on package holidays would like any help on this one thanks
:sun2
Hi biilie01, it's normal practice to be charged extra for using a credit card, even if you use it in a travel agents shop.
I've used Jet2 holidays a few times now, and have never had a rep, just a contact number in the resort if I need someone. Also an emergency number is given on booking. Linda.
These seem to be ticking all the boxes in resort and flight times. Has anyone used them?
I have flown with them twice this year. First time flight only and second on a package. Had no problems at all. The package was for a group of 23 people ages 14-62. The only potential problem was that the hotel had only been told 10 rooms and we needed 12 but it all got sorted. The flights were good and the inflight meals were about as good as we have had. They actually tasted of food.
We are looking to take a group again next April and Jet2 will definately be the first tour operator we'll be looking at.
Ive used them- flight only- no-one does flights as cheap! (I book accomodation seperate- with travel republic- works out cheaper sometimes than their package holidays-) all in all a great airline- and have never had any problems with them.

Belly!
Are meal included on flight, or can you buy sandwiches and what happens when you arrive at destination, is there a rep to tell you which coach to take
Hi
You can buy sandwiches and drinks on board.When we last booked a package with them it tells you on the transfer page where to go to at arrivals,will depend where your flying to.When we went to Palma it was Holiday Taxis,we have been on quite a few pacages with them and everything has always been great.
Hi

Just want to check, if I book a package through them and it is delayed/cancelled because of ash, will I get a refund on whole package? Or is each thing considered a separate transaction?

Thanks
Hi I think it would be for complete booking,as you have booked a package holiday.If i remember rightly it does say on their site you are fully covered with atol and abta.
Have booked package holiday to Turkey with them, are meals included and is there in flight entertainment
There isn't in flight entertainment on Jet2 flights to my knowledge and we use them a lot to fly to the Algarve.

Not sure about packages but I would have thought you may have had to chose a meal when booking and pay for it as an option.
No meals are included unless you prebooked them at the time of bookin.Also no there is no in flight entertainment.
sorry meant to say are'nt included :whoops :whoops :whoops
I've booked to go to Gran Canaria in a package with Jet2 Holidays and was wondering if anyone knows what transfer company they use or if they operate their own transfers (a la Thomson et)

Cheers
Jet2 dumps Tunisia summer programme

Jet 2 has cancelled its Tunisia programme for summer 2011 after deciding it couldn't guarantee its passengers safety in the revolution-hit destination.

The airline, which was due to operate flights from Leeds Bradford, Newcastle and Manchester plus newly added Glasgow this summer, says it will not run any services "until the situation settles down."

A statement from the airline said: "Due to the ongoing state of emergency in Tunisia and the advice from the UK Foreign Office against all non-essential travel to Tunisia for the foreseeable future Jet2.com has decided to cancel its scheduled services to Tunisia for Summer 2011.

"The safety of our customers is our number one priority and we also don't want them to face the stressful uncertainty over whether their holiday will go ahead as planned.

"We are, therefore, giving them the opportunity to plan an alternative holiday now, so they can sit back, relax and look forward to their summer break.

Jet2 and Jet2 Holidays plans to contact all passengers booked to travel to Tunisia to offer them a refund and a discount on its other destinations.

The statement concluded: "Jet2.com and Jet2holidays sincerely apologise to our customers affected by this situation which is entirely outside of our control."

Industry insiders have suggested the suspension of the Tunisia service coincides with poor performance but Jet2 insists it is a temporary move.

The news will be a blow to Tunisia's tourism authority which was bullish at November's World Travel Market, predicting a bumper year for the destination in light of its non-euro zone status and the fact that the likes of TUI and Thomas Cook were introducing flights from Gatwick to Djerba this spring.

With permission from Travelmole
This Jet2 business all smells a bit fishy to me, I'm afraid :(

The FCO only advise against travel within a specific period and this turn of events by Jet2 to my cynical mind just smacks of low advance bookings and taking advantage of the current situation in Tunisia.

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.