Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Jet2 suspends travel to Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays has suspended flights and holidays to Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada from March 1.

The companies said the decision was due to the ongoing state of civil and political unrest in Egypt.

In a statement it added: "Whilst the Red Sea resorts are not currently affected, the safety and comfort of our customers is our number one priority, and as such we do not want them to face the stressful uncertainty of whether their holiday will go ahead as planned."

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays are contacting all affected passengers booked to travel to Egypt and said customers have said they are are relieved at the decision.

Customers will automatically receive a full refund for the cost of their flights or holiday, plus a discount off a new booking.

Jet2.com and Jet2holidays will replace the suspended Egypt programme with additional flights and holidays to Spain and Portugal adding 70,000 seats across a number of its bases.

With permission from Travelmole
My Jet 2 experience after using them to go to Club Letoonia, Fethiye, Turkey in June 2012:

We booked a hotel room based on photos and info on website. Rooms appeared spacious and description said "Balcony or Otaman [sic] balcony".

Actual room was broom cupboard sized and no balcony. Complained to reception following day, Jet 2 rep the day after and emailed Jet 2 in the UK also. No help whatsoever. In fact we got messed around horribly - but no room move.

Complained to Jet 2 in writing upon return. No reply within 28 days (which is an ABTA stipulation). They only wrote back after we went to ABTA. We received a comedy response. Apparently in Jet2 Fantasyland, an Ottoman balcony is "an extension". The website has also been ammended and the balcony is now "a bay window". They offered us £100 or so in vouchers - no good to us as I'd never go near this firm again. We wrote back 65 days ago. No response from Jet2.

Turns out the photos on the website were of room that were different ours and were not available to book in any case. They show you a great room and give you a cheapo "promo" room when you get there.

Clear misreprentation and zero after sales service. Only book if you're confident there will be no problems with your holiday. If there are, you are on your own.
Jet2 holidays are making me so frustrated. They have released some of their 2014 holidays but not all of them!

We want to go to Kos next July and although I can put all our details in and it gives us a price when you try to click through to book it won't allow you to.

I rang them direct and the advisor just said to keep checking and eventually they will go live.

I just want to book!

Lou
I too am looking to book next october and there arent a lot of holidays to pick from so when are they releasing all the holidays? anyone know? :think
We booked last week. It so happens that I needed to alter the numbers in the rooms, so it was my fault I couldn't book... lol , a lovely lady helped me via there online chat facility.

The hotel we've booked is nearly £2000 cheaper than with First Choice!! Never been with Jet2 before so fingers crossed they are ok!

October and November 2014 are now available to book.

Louise
We have traveled with jet2holiday 3 or 4 times a year for the last couple of years flying from Blackpool,thay have been fantastic from start to finish.
:( had a look and nope..... i'm sure all holidays aren't released. local travel agent says more holidays are released in june or the end of june ????? :think
Bit annoyed with Jet2Holidays. Booked at beginning of May for a 2014 year holiday 2 A + 4 Ch so not a cheap holiday. No free child places so thought oh um it's still cheaper than First Choice.

Went on their website last night and they are now offering free child places for this holiday. It would make our holiday £250 cheaper, which with 4 kids is a lot of money!

Do you think they would give us 2 free child places? Nothing to lose I suppose if I ring up!

Louise
I'd certainly get in touch with them Louise as you never know you could be lucky. Let us know how you get on. Good luck :tup
lou_uk wrote:
Bit annoyed with Jet2Holidays. Booked at beginning of May for a 2014 year holiday 2 A + 4 Ch so not a cheap holiday. No free child places so thought oh um it's still cheaper than First Choice.

Went on their website last night and they are now offering free child places for this holiday. It would make our holiday £250 cheaper, which with 4 kids is a lot of money!

Do you think they would give us 2 free child places? Nothing to lose I suppose if I ring up!

Louise

Unlikely, as offers are only valid at the time of booking, and as with all tour operators, they change constantly, along with the price. If they'd increased the cost of your holiday, you wouldn't be asking to pay the difference.
The terms and conditions do state
" Free Child Places may be added or withdrawn at any time prior to booking and the latest availability will be shown prior to booking."
You can only ask!
:cheers thats us all booked and about £900 cheaper than tc well chuffed :pele
Yes am amazed at the savings too. Jet2 much cheaper

Where have you booked?
Just priced a holiday up for Cyprus next year and I'm getting a fantastic quote! Never been wit them before so I don't know what to do!
Book it! We've taken the gamble. Usually go with Thomson/First Choice but they are SO expensive! :cheers
We've booked it, was a total of £700 cheaper with jet2 than other tour operators x
Good for you!

We too have saved about £1800 for our holiday to Kos next year. First Choice and Jet2Holidays both go to the same hotel and the flighst with Jet2 are actually better, early morning and 22kg as opposed to 15kg with FC. So for us it was a no brainer.

We have 4 kids so we have to really shop around.

I'm sure Jet2 will turn out fine

Lou
Thanks hun, can't wait as we are going back to the hotel we got married in last year! X
Jet 2 are fine, have booked quite a few times, usually good flight times too. Used to always book Thomson but always look at Jet2 now
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.