Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I`ve booked with Jet2 for my holiday this year, at a decent price, compared to the big 2. All going well I`ll be looking at Jet2 in the future not enough competition in my opinion, and I`m not to keen on wiping out TC`s debt in the near future, at my expense.
I flew with Gran Canaria in September using Jet2 for the first time, I booked accommodation with another company, the flight was fine booked an extra leg room seat, we departed late but that was a knock on from French ATC.

Recently booked a complete holiday with them for next year to Fuerteventura, found a hotel and searched online, they came back the best price and offered all the board and accommodation options, included private transfers and all for a £60 deposit - what's not to like.

The same week using Sovereign who I booked accommodation with this year would have been a few hundred pounds more.
We're planning a jet2 holiday from Manchester to paphos, I know it will be a 757-200 we fly on, are they a good airline to travel on. I understand they operate some older airplanes in comparison with Thomson. What are there meals like? Coach transfers? Customers that use it?
Bob82 wrote:
We're planning a jet2 holiday from Manchester to paphos, I know it will be a 757-200 we fly on, are they a good airline to travel on. I understand they operate some older airplanes in comparison with Thomson. What are there meals like? Coach transfers? Customers that use it?

I like Jet2. Yes, they have an older fleet, but age is irrelevant. Good legroom. I love the all day breakfast, but at the end of the day it's just plane food like any other airline. Some people will like it, others won't. If you book a package the coach transfers are operated by a local company like any tour operators are.
Sunaddict wrote:
Bob82 wrote:

I like Jet2. Yes, they have an older fleet, but age is irrelevant. Good legroom. I love the all day breakfast, but at the end of the day it's just plane food like any other airline. Some people will like it, others won't. If you book a package the coach transfers are operated by a local company like any tour operators are.

Are there usually delays at check in due to there being loads of jet2 flights leaving within 10-30 mins of each other. We will be flying at 10:20 so an all day breakfast may be viable. You have filled me with confidence and I like the flight times they offer. Are they leather seats?
Bob82 wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:
Bob82 wrote:

Are there usually delays at check in due to there being loads of jet2 flights leaving within 10-30 mins of each other. We will be flying at 10:20 so an all day breakfast may be viable. You have filled me with confidence and I like the flight times they offer. Are they leather seats?

There was a longish queue when we flew in May, but it moved reasonably quickly. That was around the same time. Leather, non recline, slimline seats.
We have done a few trips with Jet2 Holidays now, plus a few flight only bookings and have had no major problems so far.
We have used Jet 2 as a package holiday numerous times. Have had no problems at all. The planes are basic but fine,the leg room is good, seats don't recline, thank goodness I say!!! Last time from Manchester check and security was fast, think there is a new security area, this made getting through quite stress free.
Hi there, I've just been looking at jet2 holidays and found one I really liked, was about to book then read the terms and conditions which noted that the price could go up after booking and I would be liable to pay more?? Now not sure about booking. I wondered if anyone else had this experience. Thanks
Please start new threads to discuss anything to do with a Jet2.com holiday - thanks
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.