General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Carol,

Can't comment on Jewel in the Crown but regarding your accomodation : If your trip was for a week ie Saturday to Saturday you would require 7 nights accomodation (Friday being your last night). The reason you will have been told that you may need to book 8 nights is that your first night/day (the Saturday) starts from 12 o'clock but if you are arriving there at 5 in the morning and want your room to be available you will need to have booked the previous night (the Friday) which gives you access to that room immediately. However if your stay is only to 11 o'clock (am?) on the Friday you'll only need 7 nights accomodation - Friday to Thursday. If your stay is to 11 o'clock (pm) you may wish to book the Friday night aswell (making 8 nights) so that you are not thrown out of your room early on the Friday. This made sense to me when i wrote it but now I'm not so sure. Hope you understand!

Steve
Hi

If its 11am then 7 nights would do(Friday to Friday),if its 11pm then you'll need 8 nights(Friday to Saturday)so you can have your room plus meals and drinks before you leave.

Steve beat me to it.
Exactly how I was going to explain it :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.