Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There's a few I think I can picture two for definate. Last year my husband bought me a "harem ring"at the jewellers right down near the seafront, just before the grocery/newspaper shop on the corner. They wanted £100 for it, but we had talked to a girl who had paid £75 for the same ring in Fethiye, so he let us have it for the same price. A harem ring has four (or seven usually) separate rings fixed together at the base to form one ring. My ring is rubies,emerald , black stones (?) and diamond type stones(not real diamonds). I am very pleased with it and its very turkish! Although I haven;t had it valued, I need to get a stone replaced recently and I was quoted £30 to replace one of the rubies, so I know they are real rubies.
hm some you get good results and some bad,,,, hubby had a really good thick "loin" link chain, heavy too, 14 carat gold from a jewellers on the right lookin toward the sea in OLU,, gosh the names gone right out me head,begins with a T,,,cost us £270, bargain,,,,, from a chap called Umer, or Omar,, but then a couple of days later i asked them to re- tip my engagement ring he said they would replace the whole head of it for £25, in white gold,,,,, so i said go ahead, but when i got it i dont know how they did it but the crown was white gold but there was only one tip replaced and the rest were still as flat as they had been!!! but the whole top had gone from yellow to white gold!! ripped off i was, there, so you cant win in the same shops,,,,,, buts thats only my opinion,,,,, i had a beautiful 2 diamond unusual ring from Icmeler and its worth double ,,,,and had necklaces repaired and another ring retipped and cleaned and polished for free too!
Try the jewellers first on the right as you go into Hisaronu, from the roundabout at the top of the hill. They cannot do enough for you and I have used him for the past 5 years. Great guys, great jewellery.
I believe it is Karlik Sarraf jewellery they are just past the Doctors.
Tell them that DJ Steve and his wife sent you. We will be back on the 2nd and just cannot wait. Gate apartment otel here we come !
But there are plenty of other jewellers up there if you want to look around!
telemessos,,, i think mine was,sommat like that, but you cant beat advice from the previous post if they have used the same one for years, enjoy looking,,,,
We have used Raw Diamonds which is towards the bottom of the main drag on the right hand side (just before the wall in the middle of the street ) a couple of times and didnt seem to get too much hassle or pressure to buy.
Wow! seems like quite a choice!

will have fun spying! :shock:

:D
thanks
we use oz gold in hisaronu, they speak excellent english and were the cheapest when we were there last year, good luck
I would make sure that you have a good idea of the price here of whatever it is you want to buy. You then have a ballpark figure of how much of a bargain you will be haggleing for.

I don't know how you find out who is the cheapest as none of the jewellry is priced and you have to start negotiations when you look at a piece. I didn't have the heart to go through all the haggle in one shop and not buy and then do the same thing again to see who I could get the lowest. Chicken and lazy, I guess. :hmmm

i bought some white gold/cubic zirconia/salt water pearl earrings which I am very pleased with - that's an important thing - to have something that you are pleased with, at a price you want to pay.

good luck and enjoy whatever you buy -and have a fab holiday :o
jillym is right,,,the ring i had for me 40th i told the chap i wanted 2 diamonds and something unusual,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and he got it, i love it as it symbloises so much,,,,,,i would like to see if i have got a good deal but at the end of the day no one has one like it,,,,,,,, get shopping,
Hi LBTP,
There are loads to choose from, both gold and silver shops, but my wife swears by these 2, both in Hisaronu.
I think the first one is called Silver Shine, it is situated on the right hand side approaching Hisaronu from the top about 200 yards in near to the chemist.
As for gold, Pyramid Jewellery at the bottom of Hisaronu, we have known them for years and always buy from them, as do my friends and family, location opposite side of road to Daphnes fish and chip shop.
:wink: Kev :wink:
Wicked! :D
Thanks for help.

thanks! I can be all bling-ed up by the time I come home. Must not forget to do some sunbathing and not too much shopping!

:lol:
Go to Hisaronu just past the Mosque and there is a parade of shops. Look for Pinara Gold which is on the left, a family run establishment, we were well looked after.
There is one near the opticians.

We didin't buy anything but were looking in the window and the guy asked us to come inside and have a look - we told him straight up we weren't buying but he didn't seem bothered. Showed us some gorgeous rings and loads of different cuts of diamonds. Explained how the jewellery was made and that we could have anything designed and made... he was a lovely guy.

I think if we did want to buy, we would go back to him!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.