Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Like you topofthetower ,we found the same in G/S it is all youngsters now .The resorts are now getting to much change and not for the better ,they are putting to much night clubs in them and taking away all the good thing that Bulgaria resorts were known for
.We have been going since 1994 and like you seen loads of changes .Even our Bulgarian friends do not like the changes that have been made to the resorts June :wave:
  • Edited by june52 2011-09-23 07:27:08
Topofthetower, so sorry to read your report and thoughts, although a little more expensive, have you thought about going to Albena, much of it on the level, restricted night clubs and all outside music has to be off at 11.30, because most of the centre of result is vehicle free, it makes it more wheelchair friendlier Tonyt
I couldn't agree more, we loved Albena, although haven't been for a few years as I believe you can't fly to Varna anymore.
sooze29, you are still able to reach Varna, I am lucky in the south of England, I can fly Gatwick to Varna or this year I did Hotel and flight different, flew wizzair Luton to Varna, also Balkan Holidays do from Manchester to Varna. I you are North of England, a flight to Bourgas and then a Cab(can supply genuine guy) to Albena, hotel only from Balkan Holidays can sometimes work out cheaper than their package deals. Tonyt.
Thanks I had seen you could fly to Varna with Balkan (I live near Gatwick) but have been put off them as heard some terrible stories and I don't like flying to begin with!

How is Albena though as also heard a lot of restaurants had closed due to all hotels being All inclusive?

Is Isvora still there?
Hi, firstly Balkan Holidays use the national carrier (Bulgaria Air) to Varna from Gatwick, morning flights out, very early morning back from Varna. The only reason I used Wizzair this year was that British Airways pulled all flights from Gatwick, and as I had booked hotel the nearest flight was from Luton, but never again. Now Albena has altered a lot. Izvora has been gone past four years, Pete's House now a Mexican, The Bratislava Hotel has gone and is now a Flamingo Hotel, Poco Loco very quiet at night. Mumbies which was next door is now a Pizza Place. Moby Dick is still going and the Shadow Bar opposite the tall Hotel Dobruja is very good (a fav of mine) The Kariba along the front is no longer the busy place it was. Yes all incl has spoilt some of it, but I always find plenty of places to eat and at reasonable prices. Have booked for May next year (will be 29th time) Tonyt
So sad as Izvora was our favourite place and the staff were great. That's what has put me off really in case we get really disappointed. Is the Boat on the beach restaurant still there.
I take it you mean the big boat "The Arrabella". The Fishermans restaurant opposite has been given a facelift and the furniture looks very much kike we have outside our Mr Beans in Hastings. Old House still keeps ticking over, I am sure you will not be disappointed, still a good choice. Tonyt
That's the one yes. Where is Mr Beans in Hastings, we come down there quite a lot.
Mr Beans is behind the Town Hall by Information Centre, also next to Jessops or opposite the Odeon Cinema, besides the little Turret (small burger place). Tonyt
thanks tony t someone else told us to try albena might have a look at it for next year we love bulgaria so much i dont want to write it off so we might give it ago can you recomend any hotels that would be wheelchair friendly and with a shower not a bath and an easy entry swimming pool many thanks xx :cheers
Hi, been racking my noddle as to what would be best, I can only come up with the "Arabella Beach" which is at the end of the resort, but within 10 mins of the centre, also you have the level prom to walk along, I am unsure about showers only, so have sent an e-mail to the Bulg rep for Balkan Holidays. This Hotel is going to be used by Balkan in 2012 for the first time, it has had a massive uplift and is very impressive. it is on page 40 of 1st edition of 2012 Brochure. will keep you informed Tonyt
thanks for that tony really appreciate it :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.