Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Just Back!
9 Posts
glad you had a good stay at nicholas gardens can i asked what block you stayed in as this is always good feedback
Hi Maverick,

We stayed in G block, towards the back of the complex. Got a picture of it somewhere, and I will put it in the album :lol:
hi

my daughter and myself got back on the 23rd dont know if anyone had the same thing happen to them everything smooth coming out our luggage was a little over but thomas cook let it go what they failed to say was you had to pay to bring it back cost us £40 people in front of us paid a lot more with the hand luggage situation we were aloud 25kgs perhaps dalaman should have been informed

wendy
Thats really poor from Thomas Cook. :roll: On the way from Dalaman to our hotel in Olu D we were told by Thomson whatever you do don't go overweight on the way back, we were also remindered at the reps meeting in resort and we were remindered again as soon as we got on the coach by the thomson rep on the way back to Dalaman to go home.
Hi Wendy,

Didn't have any problems ourselves. Flew with first choice, didn't go to the reps meeting so I don't know if they said anything about the weight allowance. We did notice at Dalaman airport that if the cases were overweight, the check-in staff also weighed the hand luggage. I didn't see anyone get charged extra. Puts a damper on the holiday when you get with an extra charge tho' :roll:
Last year we were over weight checking in at manchester with Airtours but they messed us around that much that it was too late for them to charge us excess so got away with it. Coming back they had a Turkish guy working for them and again overweight, he tried to charge us about £40 but with a bit of haggling he accepted £20. Goes to show :lol:
hi

thanks to everyone for your replies there was no chance of haggling with this guy 1 woman raised her voice they fetched secruity if we'd have thought we could have put it in hand luggage we will know next time

wendy
I am travelling to Dalaman on Monday and was told by travel agent yesterday that check ins are being a little less strict due to the restrictions.It seems they are not!.I am travelling with XL so will be OK as their baggage allowance is 20kgms.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.