Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Just Booked.
13 Posts
We have reviews of the Meridian Hotel HERE.

If Bulgaria does enter the EU next year, it is still likely to retain the leva until around 2010 at least.

May is a bit early in the season for everything to be up and running fully.

Peter
Many thanks Peter, looks like ive picked well.

However we are going the last few days of may through to the second week of June, is that still too early??
Hi Hoogie,

Date-wise, that's a lot better. You should be OK for most things being open.

Peter
Children always seemed entertained when we were there. There are lots of minigolf courses scattered about and quite a few places ont he promenade had bouncy castles etc there.
Hi, stayed at Meridien last year, was lovely. There is a full review on hotel review page. I made the mistake of going in September last year. It rained for 12 days out of 14, was very cold and miserable, had to buy sweatshirts to keep warm. If the weather is good then the holiday will be good, but of the weather is bad, there is not much to do in Sunny Beach. Its lovely in Nessebur and we even went on a jeep safari which was fun, but a lot of rain can get you down at times. Hopefully you will have good weather in May. You will like the hotel and the Turkish people are very friendly and lovely. Hope you have agreat time.
Dizz x
the Turkish people are very friendly and lovely

How did you find the Bulgarians?

Peter
i was in the Meridean myself this august, i didnt notice many Turkish people there though :)
Dizz- you can't get away with anything can you??? :lol:
So was that meant to read Bulgarians?

Or Turkish?

:D
IIRC, around 9.5% - 10% of the population of Bulgaria are ethnic Turks, so both statements could be true..... :wink:

Baldur

<Edit> Yes - the figure was 9.5% according to a 2001 estimate, see here for details.
  • Edited by Baldur 2006-09-28 13:32:25
so, its 'bugaria' now? :lol: :lol:
sorry could't resist that one Balduurken..
text will be prob saying bulgarians :D
seeing as it has highly amused all of you, i will leave it to you to decide if i actually meant turkish or bulgarians. you might even want to start making bets on it for a little more amusement
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.