Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hi Floss, what Beaches did you visit?
Steve.
Hi Steve

I visited cala esmeralda and cala gran beach (this one was meant to be the biggest in the resort :lol : ) Both the beaches were packed by 11ish. Cala gran had sun beds for hire,cafe shop, boat excursions and the hire of pedlo boats. Cala Esmeralda had boat excursions, sun beds around the cove not sure if they were for hire. Best bet is to either get there for 9a.m or late afternoon,to even get a space. Then you have to try and get to the sea through a maze of towels.

:gluck
Floss
Hi Floss, it is a shame but it is always like this in July and August, even the larger beaches outside Cala D'or such and Mondrago and Llombards get packed and it is not so nice. If you can, try to visit at another time of year and you can really appreaciate the beauty of the area without the mass crowds of sun lovers. Still sounds like you had a good time though,
best wishes,
Steve.
Hi Steve

I will agree with you,cala dor is a lovely area,very green compared to the north where we stayed before. I will certainly go here again,like you say perhaps at a different time of year. We mainly used the beaches for snorkelling so basically took a towel and snorkel gear and went later in the day. Luckily we had a good pool complex so my daughters were never bored.

There were boat trips to cala mondrago and again the people were flocking therejust as much as the other beaches.

But overall we had a fab holiday

floss
:sun
Stopping at Cala D'or Playa apartments in September. Can you recommend any good restaurants. Preferably not the 'egg & chip' type! Travelling with my fussy husband and my two year old daughter.

Any tips on the apartments?
Hi Hippyjak

The cala dor playa apartments are in a really good location. There are plenty of good restaurants,unfortunatly there are a few egg & chip places. Theres a great chinese not sure on name but go out of apartments turn first left and its the 2nd chineses on the left hand side,5 min walk. If you carry on down this road there are plenty more other restaurants, italians,grill places realll recommend them all. Another place is called Mestrel. Go out the apartments turn 2nd right just past supermarket and its on the left hand side great variety of food. Also down this road a tapas bar can be found never got to eat here as always busy. With regards to the apartments very clean large balconys,lots of entertainment by hotel staff and first choice clubs. The only think I'll warn you about is reserving of sun beds. As early as 7a.m,the staff didnt seem to worry about this even though there were notices every where warning you not to reserve them. All in all I think your have a fab holiday..
The weather should still be pretty warm to.

floss
Thanks Floss! Just starting to get excited! Not long to go now!

Always went to Cala D'or when we were kids - last time was 86 - bet a lots changed since then though!

I just panic finding nice restaurant as only going for a week and don't fancy any of us having a tummy bug!

Thanks again, will jot down your recommendations! :D
Hi Hippyjak

Im getting my holiday fotos today so will let you know the names of restaurants for sure. Always take fotos of good places to eat,as Im terrible remembering names.

Am starting to get withdrawal signs already

floss :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.