Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
A few years since I was there but I think the nearest supermarket was about 50-60 metres away, not far.
The steep approach, well don't remind me! Had to zig-zag back up to the room (especially after a few beers). Should be OK for a fit forty year old though!
Thank you for the reply, we have a nine year daughter who thinks shes a dolphin, can you tell :D me what the pool is like at the Karpathios and are there any gyros bars nearby??
The pool had only opened the last year we went but it was lovely, quite big.
Can't remember where the nearest gyros bar was, the restaurants are all fairly close by anyway, you may be able to get one at the poolside bar which sold practically everything.
We had a couple of great holidays there, it's perfect for children.
Thank you for your help, we dont go until September so if you think of anything else could you let me know ie mozzies or the weather in September???
Cheers
Sam and Family.
We went late September/early October both times and the weather was gorgeous, still warm in the evenings and not a cloud in sight all day.
No trouble with mozzies but used plug-ins just in case. Had a bit of a problem with ants when we were in a ground floor studio and no water a couple of times in the early evening, the studios are basic but there is a kettle!
Hi we went there about 3 years ago in June and it is a lovely place to stay. It is so peaceful and the views from the pool area are fab! The pool is a good size. The pool bar is great, serves all sorts and is a brill place to just sit and chill out. The slope (if you can call it that) :rofl will definately strengthen your legs by the end of your holiday as it is pretty steep!! 2 mins stroll will take you to nearest supermarket and along this road are bars and restaurants. A great bar is Pefki by Night - fab brill cocktails and has dry ice blowing from the windows (in June they did as it was baking)! The beach is about 10 mins stroll if you want to leave the pool area. There are fans to hire and the rooms are pretty basic but more than adequate, and the views from your windows are great as well.
you may need to take mozzie stuff with you as they are about but maybe not so bad in September. You will have a great time. :glynis cheers jan
Thanks Jan

We had quite a steep hill to climb last year in Lefkas but it helps burn off all the souvlaki and kleftico.

Thanks
Sam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.