Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Have stayed at the Kata Beach resort a couple of times, the first time over 20 years ago, the other in the early 2000's so my info is not really up to date. The hotel is one of the few in the area that is directly on the beach, though bear in mind that the sunbeds on the beach are not operated by the hotel so you may have to pay. The hotel of course has its own sunbeds and pools for your use within its gardens. The hotel is a popular one and can get busy, and beds hard to find. Its a nice hotel. Worth getting sea view rooms as the views over to Pu island are good.

The beach is lovely white sand with clear waters in High season. Plenty of restaurants and bars now. I would no longer call it a quiet resort but thats because I remember it when water buffalo used to graze where the bars and restaurants now are.

Plenty of days out - trips to Phang-Nga bay (worth considering a sea canoe trip to visit the Hongs). Phi-Phi, plus all the man made attractions of Phuket.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.